Klon - True Bypass / Debug

Started by Svebster, May 19, 2017, 11:05:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Svebster

Hi,

I've just built a 2 in 1 pedal with the 2 pedals being a Klon and a sunface (negative ground version). I etched the pcb myself and have everything ready built but- surprise, it doesn't work. Now that's not unusual and after a bit of troubleshooting it usually works with other pedal but not this time. There are a view weird things happening and a view questions I have.

On the pictures you can see the layouts I used and the wiring for the 2 pedals in one box (Negative ground for Sunface)

1. When I connect a battery with to just one led, not via the footswitch but actually crocodile clip the terminalt to the led I can turn it on and off with the foot switch. How is that possible??

2. When wiggling any wires or searching for mechanical issues i cant find any problems. The bypass works just the pedals wont make a sound and the LED's don't light up.

3. I wanted to make the klon true bypass to be more suitable in front of the Fuzz. So I used Volume 2 as the circuit output. Now the buffer output (labeled FtSW 1) isn't used but now, I already noticed that mistake, FtSW 6 is not connected to anything either. What's the right way to use this in true bypass, is Vol 2 really the output and what am I supposed to do with FtSW 6 ?

Do you have any suggestions what could be wrong and what else I could so to troubleshoot? I'm kind of against a wall  :icon_eek:

Thanks

Pictures: http://imgur.com/a/G3VxA

duck_arse

svebster - to the debugging page! go there, read, measure, return, report - but with photos of what you have built, so we can see where your build differs from your build docs.

your top wiring diagram has some inconsistencies. each board should have a ground wire to the DC socket. each led should have a wire to either DC socket or the supply on the board. it it better to not loop the right-hand board's ground with the jack grounds and the other board. these are minor points now, but may affect your final build happiness rating.
don't make me draw another line.

Svebster

Hi, here are some pictures of my build: http://imgur.com/a/aKqwU

I just put both pcb layouts on the same board connected via the ground planes!
I connected some pins of the pots at the pot to keep wires minimal so some holes are empty on the pcb.

I tried everything I can think of to debug but i never get a further with it. right now Im scratching in between the traces...

Also my other question was about the Klon true bypass, does anyone know how to properly do this?

Thanks