2SC2240 replacement ??

Started by griff10672, May 25, 2017, 04:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

griff10672

I've got a couple of different DS-1 things going on and looking to find a equivalent for the above mentioned .... after google searching .. forum searching .... not really coming up with something that Mouser or Digikey has ... Obviously I'm trying to keep shipping costs at a minimum and would like to order from either one considering all my other parts are coming from there .
Any help much appreciated !!   Thanks !

mac

I'd say 2n3904 are fine, but they have different pinout if you have a board for 2sc.
Try 2sc1815 if they are still being made.

mac
mac@mac-pc:~$ sudo apt-get install ECC83 EL84

thermionix

http://www.taydaelectronics.com/t-transistors/other-transistors/2sc2240-npn-small-signal-transistor.html

Look around Tayda's website, you'll find LOTS of useful parts for WAY cheaper than Mouser and DigiKey.  The shipping charge will be worth it, stock up!

griff10672

Hmmmm never heard of Tayda .... nor did they come up on my google searches ..... Thanks Guys !!

PRR

Do you really need a 120 Volt part?

Or are you copying an Old Design from a factory that had an excess of hi-V parts and used them like candy?

Aside from the 120V spec, I'd say any jelly-bean of right N/P and pinout adjusted should work.
  • SUPPORTER

griff10672

not sure ... very new to this .... I basically tore apart a DS-1 and rebuilt it on a breadboard ... then kind of morphed it into it's own kind of thing using ideas I got from 4 or 5 popular mods on it ..

so I'm in the process of putting it on a PCB and just wanted to stick with what was working ... 

PRR

DS-1 takes 9V. There's no need for a 120V part. The 30V "usual suspects" mentioned by mac will be fine.
  • SUPPORTER

griff10672

so I can use any NPN transistor ??? I mean crap ... they are like 2 cents a piece .... maybe I'll drop a whole dollar and experiment .... lol .... thanks for the heads up on voltage ... I figured there was a legitimate reason for being that voltage ...