Beatles Rhythm Guitar Fuzz

Started by Passaloutre, June 02, 2017, 12:47:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slacker

Found this demo of the pep rush box, certainly seems like it will get you in the right ball park.

robthequiet

plugging your guitar directly into the recording board at Abbey Road

Weren't some of the tones a result of overdriving the mic inputs to the Neve console?

Yup, accidentally found that myself from going direct into a Soundcraft board. Revolution.

R.G.

Quote from: Passaloutre on June 02, 2017, 10:14:49 PM
[...] And the ship of Theseus becomes quite relevant when trying to emulate circuits the lazy way.
And thanks for adding to the ongoing, never-ending education. As a formally trained engineer, my education in the classics was sorely, sorely lacking. I very much enjoyed going off and reading about the ship of Theseus and it's philosophical relatives.

Now there's just the matter of the rest of the classical education I missed.  :icon_eek:   :)
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

Mark Hammer

Quote from: robthequiet on June 03, 2017, 11:09:20 AM
plugging your guitar directly into the recording board at Abbey Road

Weren't some of the tones a result of overdriving the mic inputs to the Neve console?

Yup, accidentally found that myself from going direct into a Soundcraft board. Revolution.
My first distortion, somewhere around 1970, was a tube based open-reel tape deck.  I plugged my guitar into the mic input, and ran the line out of the tape machine to my amp.  Given the substantial difference in level between guitar pickups and voice mics, the guitar would overdrive the mic preamp.