Coupling Cap Between Stages question

Started by juan_felt, June 08, 2017, 09:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

juan_felt

Hi!

I am building a distortion, and I added an active baxandall to a throttle box instead of the tone and mids controls. Here is the part of the schematic where the baxandall and outputs are.

Vref is at the input and there are no coupling caps until after this block.
My question is, after C12, do I need to add Vref again to the last opamp, or should I remove this cap and not add Vref at all?

As always, thank you! J

EBK

I'll give two short answers:
1. Your op amp input has to fit within its operating range, so yes, it needs a DC offset.
2.  Why are you adding that last buffer?  You already have a low impedance output from the previous op amp.
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

juan_felt

Quote from: EBK on June 08, 2017, 09:27:14 AM
I'll give two short answers:
1. Your op amp input has to fit within its operating range, so yes, it needs a DC offset.
2.  Why are you adding that last buffer?  You already have a low impedance output from the previous op amp.
Hi EBK, thanks for you reply.

So, in order to correct the things you pointed out, should I remove C12 and IC3 and connect pin 7 from IC2 to R17?

Again, than you!

Enviado desde mi Nexus 6P mediante Tapatalk

EBK

Quote from: juan_felt on June 08, 2017, 09:43:18 AM
So, in order to correct the things you pointed out, should I remove C12 and IC3 and connect pin 7 from IC2 to R17?
Yes
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

juan_felt

Quote from: EBK on June 08, 2017, 09:59:27 AM
Quote from: juan_felt on June 08, 2017, 09:43:18 AM
Yes
Cool, thanks!