Where can I buy Toggle Switch "Bezels"????

Started by jtladsuh, June 08, 2017, 01:49:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtladsuh

Does anyone know where to get the mini-toggle switches that sit low inside a "bezel"? (to stop you breaking them by accident) Whether this is a standard mini toggle, that you buy the bezel separately for? or if they come as a unit?

Or, what these "bezels" are actually called? as Google keeps throwing me up nothing relevant.

Examples are the toggles on top of things like Chase Bliss Tonal Recall etc.

EBK

I think you are looking for "short bat" toggles (sometimes called "short lever").  What you perceive as a bezel is the threaded bushing.

The pedal you mentioned:

A link to one of these types of toggles available through Smallbear: http://smallbear-electronics.mybigcommerce.com/dpdt-short-lever-on-on/

And, welcome to the forum!
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

Steve Newton

Quote from: EBK on June 08, 2017, 02:03:49 PM
I think you are looking for "short bat" toggles (sometimes called "short lever").  What you perceive as a bezel is the threaded bushing.

Also called 'short throw' or 'short stroke', and you're probably going to have to throw mini or sub-mini into the description when you search.
Steve.
Not my circus, not my monkey.

jtladsuh

Quote from: EBK on June 08, 2017, 02:03:49 PM

The pedal you mentioned:

A link to one of these types of toggles available through Smallbear: http://smallbear-electronics.mybigcommerce.com/dpdt-short-lever-on-on/

And, welcome to the forum!

Thanks so much! I've been lurking here for a while and i knew someone would know.

jtladsuh

Also called 'short throw' or 'short stroke', and you're probably going to have to throw mini or sub-mini into the description when you search.
[/quote]

Thankyou!

EBK

Keep in mind, you can also set those switches lower to get the same benefit (arguably more benefit):

(Thanks go to Thermionix for suggesting this to me.)
  • SUPPORTER

mg.audio

I'd sure love to find some PCB-mount mini toggles that would sit low like that...

EBK

Quote from: mg.audio on June 08, 2017, 09:29:43 PM
I'd sure love to find some PCB-mount mini toggles that would sit low like that...
Just mount your board lower.  :icon_wink:
  • SUPPORTER

PRR

> inside a "bezel"? (to stop you breaking them

Plumbing aisle. Copper tube fittings. End-cap. Get one big enough for switch *and* finger. Drill it 1/4 or 3/8 to suit your switch. Won't work/break that by accident.

Plastic (PVC) fittings are available but may be too thick to add to a switch bushing.
  • SUPPORTER

EBK

You could also look for toggle switch guards (they're probably sold under lots of different names too...).
  • SUPPORTER

digi2t

If accidental switching is your concern, but you want to keep the bat long enough to be easy to find and manipulate, may I suggest these;

But, for all intents and purposes, short bats, as previously recommended, will be fine. Especially if you can mount the switch low. I have them fairly close a footswitch and/or knobs on some builds, and I've never "accidentally" hit one yet.

• SUPPORTER
Dead End FX
http://www.deadendfx.com/

Asian Icemen rise again...
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=903467

"My ears don't distinguish good from great.  It's a blessing, really." EBK

EBK

This would be fun on a (big) pedal or amp:
  • SUPPORTER

duck_arse

C&K used to sell dress nuts for toggles, but they aren't really high enough for protection. however:

these are dress/protect nuts for pushbuttons, the thread should be standard sized, so these might be the nuts [sorry!].
don't make me draw another line.

thermionix

Quote from: EBK on June 09, 2017, 09:52:23 AM
This would be fun on a (big) pedal or amp:

I've got a couple of those (without "Nitrous").  I thought it would be funny on my amp, but it just looked silly, so I didn't use it.  Pretty big.  Also if you just lightly bump it when it's sticking up you turn your amp off.