A quick "IF" regarding an OCD project

Started by KarenColumbo, June 20, 2017, 05:12:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

duck_arse

Quote from: GGBB on June 28, 2017, 10:43:56 PM
Here's a simple clipping option. Note the drain-gate connection (not gate-source):

You can use an on-on-on DPDT switch to toggle between the standard OCD clipping, symmetrical true MOSFET clipping, and asymmetrical MOSEFT / body-diode clipping. The diodes can be anything, but low Vf (germanium) is probably best since the MOSFET Vf is already ~3V.

a person of a perverse bent might replace D1 and D2 with another mosfet each, wired so's their body diode does the blocking of the clipper-mosfets  body-diodes. I don't think the gate connection would matter, then. [I may have confused myself, here.]
don't make me draw another line.

KarenColumbo

Quote from: antonis on June 29, 2017, 06:52:54 AM
Quote from: KarenColumbo on June 29, 2017, 01:40:06 AM
What I wanted, though, was to merge diode (or mosfet) clipping and tube-analogy transistor overdriving.
An off-topic different design could be to include diode or mosfet in NFB loop of a "conventional" BJT..
(in a Big Muff style like below..)

Hey, this looks way different. Very interesting!
  • SUPPORTER
I see something of myself in everyone / Just at this moment of the world / As snow gathers like bolts of lace / Waltzing on a ballroom girl" - Joni Mitchell - "Hejira"

EBK

That doesn't look quite right....
(Mostly because I haven't seen a diode-connected JFET before).  Interesting, indeed.
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

graemestrat

The Mad Professor likes to do the funny jfet thing in lots of his designs.....