Boss HM-3 HyperMetal Schematic Question

Started by turdadactyl, June 21, 2017, 12:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turdadactyl

I found the attached HM-3 schematic.  What's with the JFET's all shown with no connection to the gate?

I found this online, but it doesn't tell me what the practical purpose is in this particular situation:
QuoteWith the gate terminal not connected, and a potential applied (+ ve at the drain and – ve at the source), a current called the drain current, ID flows through the channel located between the two P-regions. This current consists of only majority carriers-electrons in this case. P-channel JFET is similar in construction to N-channel JFET except that P-type semiconductor material is sandwiched between two N-type junctions, as shown in figure. In this case majority carriers are holes.
-http://www.circuitstoday.com/jfet-junction-field-effect-transistor

bloxstompboxes

This is a schematic where the flip flop switching has been removed to simplify the schematic. Those fets without connections are where the switching circuit would have been connected. They can be left out if doing a true bypass switching option.

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.

turdadactyl

I love it when there's a simple explanation.  Thanks.