Aion Stratus question

Started by scumparty, June 24, 2017, 03:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scumparty

Hello forum! I am a new to the forum and to pedal building altogether. I got myself a Airon Stratus board to start with and I have a question.

I want to build the stock circuit with the bright and flat mids mods (leaving out the bass mod). In that case, can you confirm that I DON'T need to solder CX2 and CX3 capacitors? And will I have the a SPDT center-off switch with Flat mids- stock (no mod)-bright positions?

Here are the jumpers I plan on soldering and the circuit, so you know what I mean.

(and here is the documentation, in case more info in needed https://www.dropbox.com/s/b2g113hophsg3e9/aion-stratus-ts9-documentation-v2.pdf).

Thanks a lot!
Clara.

Kingmafw

Hi Clara,

No you don't need to solder a capacitor on CX2 and CX3.
And yes you'll need a center off switch for the bright mod and a center off switch for the flats mid mod.
The switch for the flat mids mod is enabled in the center position.
it is mei sizzen net to dwaen

Johannes Harald Kingma - FWS Pedals - Germany

scumparty

thanks! that was really helpful

aion

Ahhh, don't do that - you'll have problems. The jumpers set the on-board switch to control one of the mods, but if you hook up more than one of the jumpers to the switch, you'll have some circuit-bending going on.

If you want to use more than one mod, you'll have to use an offboard switch. Instead of using the jumpers, take the outer (right-most or bottom-most) pads for the mod and run wires from those directly to a switch. Could get cramped in a 1590B, but you can probably get away with fixing it to the side of the enclosure.