FX-loop with "latch/stack"-switch

Started by soneduent, June 29, 2017, 08:16:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

soneduent

(EDIT: Kinda realized a lot of mistakes here just a few hours after posting, sorry about that. Still trying to figure out how I want to work with an FX-loop and if I am even gonna go further than just a "regular" 4CH loop so thoughts, experiences and ideas are super welcome! Sorry for the worst first post ever  :icon_redface: )

Hi! I'm kinda new to this, which you will probably be able to tell from the misstakes you are about to witness. I've built two veroboard-pedals and a tremolo kit thingy, I've also repaired and modded a bunch of stuff i use (mostly guitars but also some pedals).

I have found myself in need of an FX-loop and thought it would be a fun project to do from scratch. I don't want a programmable pedal since i really like the feeling of stomping and not going through lists of presets and stuff like that. I saw the BYOC programmable looper but it didn't really appeal to me (feel free to talk me down (I'm still considering it) but I bet some of you know the feeling of not wanting to program).

The thing is I had this idea of a loop-pedal having a mini-toggle for each channel (in my case that is 4 channels) which lets you decide if you want that channel to stack with the ones before it (f.ex. CH1(drive) stacked before CH2(fuzz) for a more "leady" tone) or if you want it to be "selected" (in "latch-mode") (f.ex. CH1&2 (drive and mod) are activated (stacked) and CH3 (heavy fuzz for the chordy chorus) is pressed to "bypass" CH1&2 and activate only CH3)

Some days passed and I wandered about with ideas flowing through my head for wiring this together when i finally sat down today, downloaded DIYLC and started designing my FX-loop pedal.

Now you get the idea of what I want to do and bellow follows a picture of the mess I call my very first DIYLC design. What I'm really unsure about is everything that has to do with the "RTN" and "OUT" sections and how they are connected to the true bypass switch.  Try not to laugh and please share ideas and thoughts!

pinkjimiphoton

welcome to the forum dude!

since this thing is redundant, it would be a LOT easier for us to see if you just drew it with one loop.
its a little confusing as shown.

so if possible, up a slightly less complex version, you may get a better response
  • SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

soneduent

Thanks!

What you're saying is making total sense (hell I'm having a hard time understanding what it is I'M thinking hehe).

I'll make another version to straighten some things out!