Foot switch type ID please?

Started by samzeter, July 11, 2017, 02:21:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

samzeter

Hi Guys
I'm new here but been building simple guitar pedals for about 5 months now. I'm stumped at the moment as I'm trying to finish my own schematic (to then create a PCB) of the 8tr Fuzz-Wah Shin-ei pedal. Unfortuantely, I'm stumped as to what this switch is as it doesn't seem to be a standard 3pdt foot switch - and even if I try and use a 3pdt I'm still missing out on a contact point as there are four needed as indicated in the schematic. Can anyone help as to how this switch is to be interpreted? or even called?

KarenColumbo

• SUPPORTER
I see something of myself in everyone / Just at this moment of the world / As snow gathers like bolts of lace / Waltzing on a ballroom girl" - Joni Mitchell - "Hejira"

RickL

I think this is actually two separate dpdt switches, one for the fuzz and one for the wah. If it was a single switch, the dotted line would connect all four of the individual spdt switches.

duck_arse

can you link us to the complete circuit, it might enlighten us as to the use of the switch.

and, welcome to the forum.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

EBK

Quote from: RickL on July 11, 2017, 11:55:50 AM
I think this is actually two separate dpdt switches, one for the fuzz and one for the wah. If it was a single switch, the dotted line would connect all four of the individual spdt switches.
+1
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

PRR

Sure looks like what RickL said: two DPDT.

Say you process food, raw, fried, baked, or fried-and-baked. Your kitchen traffic path/switching would be this:

Two buttons to divert food to fry, bake, fry+bake, or no-cook.

If you can't tell what position a switch is on by looking, *then* you might like two 3PDT, p3 working an LED. But until recent years, 3PDT were rare, so many older toys didn't do that.
  • SUPPORTER

samzeter

Thanks for the help guys, certainly solved this puzzle for me. I've attached the full schematic in case anyone was interested.