Maestro Fuzz-tone FZ-1A in a 1590A?

Started by marcocolo, July 19, 2017, 09:13:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marcocolo

Has anyone done it? Can it be done?
I've got a Smitty clone but I'm shrinking my whole pedalboard to mini's.
Thanks all!

marcocolo

Maybe a FZ-1B as that wouldn't need a battery as it was 9V?

Mark Hammer

You'll likely want to use an external supply and apply a voltage drop between the power jack and the circuit board.

Marcos - Munky

It'll be easy to do it if you use an external 9V power supply and drop the voltage to 1,5V. There's a lot of ways to do it.

But if you want to use any kind of internal battery, well, there's where the fun begins. Of not lol. I did a Q&D eye measurement, and it may be possible to fit an AA cell, 2 J10 jacks, 2 9mm pots and a common 3PDT inside a 1590a, but you won't be able to use an AA holder. An AAA is more doable. And there's that small watch batteries, but I don't know how long they can power the FZ-1A.

Edit: I did a better measurement and it's doable, also you can even add a J4 jack for external power supply. You'll need to put all the jacks on one side, and put the battery on the other side. Also, you'll need to cut off parts of the plastic from the jacks. And of course, a small as possible layout. Hard but doable. Didn't tried with one jack at each side of the enclosure.