News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

FV-1 reverb pcb?

Started by blackieNYC, July 19, 2017, 04:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackieNYC

Hi Digital. My first entry here, and I'll probably start off with some poor etiquette but I'll ask anyway. FV-1 reverb/multi Would anyone like to sell me a pcb - with the eeprom programmed with your, or someone's, code?  Not just to be lazy, and rip off someone's patches. I thought I would build it myself with just the 8 presets, but if someone on this forum has made up patches I'm sure I would be quite pleased with them. I'm in a Macintosh household and I really don't want to buy a programmer to do this at work. Just a one-off.  I'll.... put your name on the box!  Though my boxes are a little lacking in awesome. Very much so. 
There's one mentioned in another FV-1 thread, not sold by a forum member, followed by a discouraging reply. 
PM me if you wish. If not yourself, maybe someone could point me in the right direction.
  • SUPPORTER
http://29hourmusicpeople.bandcamp.com/
Tapflo filter, Gator, Magnus Modulus +,Meathead, 4049er,Great Destroyer,Scrambler+, para EQ, Azabache, two-loop mix/blend, Slow Gear, Phase Royal, Escobedo PWM, Uglyface, Jawari,Corruptor,Tri-Vibe,Battery Warmers

potul

Hi

If you are not in a hurry, I have some spare PCBs for this project:

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=104291.0

But I'm still working on building mine, so I can't really tell if the pcbs are OK. Once I finish and test my first build, I could provide a pcb. (the plan is to do it this weekend)

Regarding eeprom,... I don't know if it's feasible to program the eeprom without the rest of the pcb components. I have a test socket on the way from ebay, I sould receive it in one or 2 weeks and then I will be able to program the epprom alone.

So, in summary. Take a look at the project I linked. If you like it and can wait for some time I can provide a pcb with a programmed eeprom and a programmed PIC as well (the project needs a PIC for switching programs)

Where are you based in? If you are based in US maybe you prefer to source it from someone in your side of the atlantic in order to minimize the shipping risk and costs. I'm in Spain.

Mat

Ice-9

PCB's available here,
https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/ay7fFM4d
These are just the pcb though so it still would mean you need someone to program the EEPROM and PIC, you could even make your own programmer with a handful of components for a a quid or a dollar or two, and yes the PCB's work, there are well over 400 successful builds using then.
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.

potul

Quote from: Ice-9 on July 20, 2017, 05:58:21 AM
.., and yes the PCB's work, there are well over 400 successful builds using then.

I was not questioning your PCB design... The point is that I got my PCBs from a chinese pcb fab I've never used, and I haven't verified the quality of the end product yet.

Ice-9

Quote from: potul on July 20, 2017, 02:31:51 AM

Regarding eeprom,... I don't know if it's feasible to program the eeprom without the rest of the pcb components. I have a test socket on the way from ebay, I sould receive it in one or 2 weeks and then I will be able to program the epprom alone.

Mat

The EEPROM can be programmed in the test socket before fitting to the pcb if you want to do it this way, it should also be possible to program the EEPROM when fitted to the PCB without the rest of the components fitted.
Bear in mind the PIC needs programmed before fitting to the PCB as I did not include a pic program header on the pcb as the PIC only needs programmed once but the EEPROM may want to have different effects flashed to it after building.
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.

pruttelherrie

Quote from: blackieNYC on July 19, 2017, 04:44:34 PM
I'm in a Macintosh household and I really don't want to buy a programmer to do this at work.

Just FYI, with a Pickit2 programmer it's possible to program EEPROMs from the Mac commandline.

Probably other solutions too, but the Pickit2 is what I use at home.