1/4 Jack Mounts Too Big

Started by tdarkas, July 21, 2017, 12:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tdarkas

I am fitting new 1/4" sockets in my MXR Phase 100 Block Pedal, I bought some neutrik ones the problem is they are too big to close the circuit board on top and to fit all the way in. (See pictures) Does anyone know of any 1/4 jack mounts that will fit? Preferably neutrik or ones of equal quality. The old ones are 15mm (height) by 16mm (width), which can be seen on the left. 

DavidRavenMoon

You need enclosed jacks. Not open frame. Neutrik makes those as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SGD Lutherie
Hand wound pickups, and electronics.
www.sgd-lutherie.com
www.myspace.com/davidschwab

tdarkas

Can you give me a model number? I've looked but can't find any with holes in the metal contacts.

DavidRavenMoon

This should work for the switching side. They also have mono versions.

http://smallbear-electronics.mybigcommerce.com/1-4-stereo-isolated-dpdt-switch/

SGD Lutherie
www.sgd-lutherie.com

tdarkas

Sorry am a bit of noob what is switching side? It says it's a dpdt switch aswell? I just need a 1/4 jack, i think.

DavidRavenMoon

Quote from: tdarkas on July 21, 2017, 01:54:34 PM
Sorry am a bit of noob what is switching side? It says it's a dpdt switch aswell? I just need a 1/4 jack, i think.

Are you sure you should be repairing your pedal? Maybe bring it to someone with more experience.

The input is a stereo jack that switches the battery on. The output is a regular mono jack.

SGD Lutherie
www.sgd-lutherie.com

tdarkas

Yeah I'm sure, I already replaced the footswitch with a toggle and this is going to be 10x easier. I don't need that then I just need a standard jack (and mono as that what the pedal is). Preferably neurtik or similar quality. Any idea where I can get one? Thanks for all your help so far.

bloxstompboxes

Quote from: tdarkas on July 21, 2017, 04:20:27 PM
Yeah I'm sure, I already replaced the footswitch with a toggle and this is going to be 10x easier. I don't need that then I just need a standard jack (and mono as that what the pedal is). Preferably neurtik or similar quality. Any idea where I can get one? Thanks for all your help so far.

Sorry, but you are not getting the point of a stereo jack on this pedal. As with most if not almost all pedals that can operate with a battery and a DC jack, your pedal has a stereo input jack which acts as a switch to turn the pedal on when a cable is plugged in. That saves your battery life. The stereo part of the jack has nothing to do with, in this case, as to whether or not the pedal has stereo output.

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.

tdarkas

Ahhh okay, that makes sense. I wired an on/off/on switch because I didn't have an on/off, I was thinking at the time at least this will save the battery because I can have bypass/break in the curcuit/on haha but now I know! Sorry for the total lack of knowledge on my part. Thanks again. 

bloxstompboxes

Quote from: tdarkas on July 22, 2017, 12:33:33 AM
Ahhh okay, that makes sense. I wired an on/off/on switch because I didn't have an on/off, I was thinking at the time at least this will save the battery because I can have bypass/break in the curcuit/on haha but now I know! Sorry for the total lack of knowledge on my part. Thanks again. 

Take a look at wiring method 5 in this document from tonepad. It's the wiring method I use.

http://tonepad.com/getFile.asp?id=76

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.