Where Do You Buy Your Water Slide Decal Paper Online? (U.K)

Started by steveyraff, July 24, 2017, 09:50:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveyraff

Hey guys,

I've been using waterslide decal paper for my pedal graphics for years. I recall the very first batch I ever bought was on Amazon and it was all useless - none of it worked. However, then I settled with Crafty Computer Paper and bought of them for years. They seem to have went out of business now. I'm now worried about buying my paper from another distributor/company which I am unfamiliar with, as I don't fancy messing up anymore pedals.

For some reason, the last sheet I had left sort of messed up. The graphics went all blurry as the clear coat lacquer dried.

Anyway - please post links for places you buy from and trust, knowing the paper is of good quality. Thanks!
P.S Ireland/U.K only please! :)
Steve.

www.outlandstudios.co.uk

bluebunny

The last time I went to their website, my paper was out of stock, so I signed up for a stock notification.  Shortly afterwards, I received an email advertising a similar business, but with a different name.  I need to be home to check my records (can't remember the new name at all).  But I placed an order, assuming they were related to CCP, and it appears to be the same stuff (laser waterslide decals) so far as I can tell, albeit with slightly different packaging.  My last batch in the "Pictures" thread shows the results I got.  I'll update when I have more information...
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

steveyraff

Quote from: bluebunny on July 24, 2017, 11:02:01 AM
The last time I went to their website, my paper was out of stock, so I signed up for a stock notification.  Shortly afterwards, I received an email advertising a similar business, but with a different name.  I need to be home to check my records (can't remember the new name at all).  But I placed an order, assuming they were related to CCP, and it appears to be the same stuff (laser waterslide decals) so far as I can tell, albeit with slightly different packaging.  My last batch in the "Pictures" thread shows the results I got.  I'll update when I have more information...

Cool. I'm using regular Inkjet.

Even though I never personally had any problems - its only now that I'm researching what happened to Crafty that I am seeing tons of really bad reviews for them.

Thanks for the info. Let me know if you find a name/website. Cheers!
Steve.

www.outlandstudios.co.uk

bluebunny

Gecko Paper!  (And there's 10% your first order off if you sign-up to email updates...)

Looks like it's a brand-new (May 2017) company.  Perhaps rising form the ashes of the taken-over CCP?  Or they bought some of their assets?  Dunno.  CCP had an address in Bristol (though registered in Leicester) and the new company is registered in Bristol too.  Different names at Companies House, though.

Inasmuch as they fulfilled my order with no problems, I'd say they're legit.  Can't really find much else about them.  Looking at my order date, I think I was one of their first customers!

Edit: the thick plottens - I spotted a couple of CCP logos on product pictures on the Gecko website!
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

steveyraff

Quote from: bluebunny on July 24, 2017, 11:30:33 AM
Gecko Paper!  (And there's 10% your first order off if you sign-up to email updates...)

Looks like it's a brand-new (May 2017) company.  Perhaps rising form the ashes of the taken-over CCP?  Or they bought some of their assets?  Dunno.  CCP had an address in Bristol (though registered in Leicester) and the new company is registered in Bristol too.  Different names at Companies House, though.

Inasmuch as they fulfilled my order with no problems, I'd say they're legit.  Can't really find much else about them.  Looking at my order date, I think I was one of their first customers!

Edit: the thick plottens - I spotted a couple of CCP logos on product pictures on the Gecko website!

So this must be what happened to CCP. Interesting!
I never had a problem with CCP, but seeing the onslaught of terrible customer reviews today has me a little apprehensive about trying this new company. Then again, you put an order through with no problems, so I think I'll give it a go.

Many thanks for getting that info for me - appreciate it.
Steve.

www.outlandstudios.co.uk

jfrabat

Not sure if it is available in your neck of the woods, but I buy my World Paper Inkjet Clear Waterslide s5icker paper from Amazon.  Obviously, you need to use a clear coat, but they work fine for me.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I build.  I fix.  I fix again.  And again.  And yet again.  (sometimes again once more).  Then I have something that works! (Most of the time!).

Kingmafw

If you are looking for U.K. only companies take a look at Craftovator.

Using their decals for years.
They can supply inkjet white and clear and also Laser white and clear.

Website: http://www.craftovator.co.uk/waterslide-decal-paper/

They always offer coupons codes for extra discounts....
it is mei sizzen net to dwaen

Johannes Harald Kingma - FWS Pedals - Germany

Kipper4

As far as ccp goes I still get the catalogues through the post.
I've never had a problem with them. Not affiliated.
Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

steveyraff

Steve.

www.outlandstudios.co.uk