CE-2 circuit on the breadboard , Depth control works , Rate does not ??

Started by griff10672, July 31, 2017, 10:01:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

griff10672

So I threw together Electrosmash's version of the True Bypass Ce-2 schematic .... once I got the 10K trim to about 4.5 volts and a little higher I got output out of the 3007 .... and audio out of the regular output of the circuit ... turning the depth knob gets me obvious audible change .... the dam rate knob does nothing for me ...   
checked voltage on the pot ... and it's working .... sweeps the voltage up and down as I turn it ... making me think no problem there ( don't know what the voltage is suppose to be though )

So I rebuilt the LFO section 3 times now .... thinking I missed something simple ... all the same results ... depth knob works great ... nothing out of the rate ????

Bad chip ??? I'm using a TL022 in the LFO section ...   I also am using a OPA2134 instead of a 4558 but that shouldn't matter on the problem I'm assuming ..

someone care to try to point me in the right direction ??

duck_arse

please show us the circuit you are working from. if it's the one I was just looking at, it shows the osc oppy pins as 1, 2, 3 and 1, 2, 3. this will result in no oscillations. [electrosmash are know to have errors in their circuits.]
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

griff10672

Quote from: duck_arse on July 31, 2017, 10:59:57 AM
please show us the circuit you are working from. if it's the one I was just looking at, it shows the osc oppy pins as 1, 2, 3 and 1, 2, 3. this will result in no oscillations. [electrosmash are know to have errors in their circuits.]

yeah ... I should have mentioned ... the Electrosmash's schematic for the True Bypass version has the pinouts on the opamps all screwy ..... I cross referenced the actual true schematic for the CE-2 to make sure I had things right ... looks like they just copied and pasted the same graphic for the IC's on the Electrosmashes schematic ... making it look all screwed up ...

griff10672

So I was going to post  copies of both the schematics I'm using ..... and just noticed ( I have no idea how other than I was obviously looking to hard at other things ) that the original Boss Schematic has 2 10K resistors in the LFO section that the Electrsmash True-bypass doesn't ....  R33 and R34  .... which are obviously connected to the Rate pot ....
Wonder if I just figured out the problem ??? Dam now I Have to wait till I get home ...

armdnrdy

Find and follow the Tonepad CE-2 clone (Corral chorus) schematics. Many people have built this chorus with success.
I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

griff10672

Quote from: armdnrdy on July 31, 2017, 03:17:46 PM
Find and follow the Tonepad CE-2 clone (Corral chorus) schematics. Many people have built this chorus with success.

Yeah ...... I saw those ..... thanks for the heads up ..... actually ran into a few other cool schematics while Chorus searching ... !!   

duck_arse

R33 and R34, yer, the bias dividers. I saw that was another thing not obvious on e/smash, didn't want to be rude and ask if you had them - or something similar. missing Vref will deffo prevent yer percolations.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.