Mooer Repeater problems

Started by MrStab, August 16, 2017, 05:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrStab

Hi guys,

I think i'm screwed tbh, because i can't do SMD, i have no diagrams and there's some proprietary stuff in here, but i thought i'd ask for help anyway.

i'm doing a pedal rehouse with mods and additional circuitry for somebody. It's taken ages, and this single, unmodded pedal has died on me. It's the "Repeater" delay pedal by Mooer. I think the digital part of the circuit is dead.

The Clean signal seems to be fine, as it's all i hear unless i push the Mode switch down to the "Kill Dry" setting, which gives me silence. There are 3 TL072s in there, all of which get the full 10V* supply voltage and Vref where expected. In parallel with all that, there's a 22R, 1/2W resistor that feeds the digital section, measuring 6.6V on the other side (i can't see a zener). This is slowly overheating. I think that 6.6V is divided into its own bias, as there are 2 regulators: one of which says "3.3" on it, and i can't quite make out the other one (plus Mooer have multi-purpose PCBs, and i read 3.3V in a place where there's a Vref-biased volume pot in other pedals). I THINK the custom uC reads AC31041, TI54W, Z00Z 64 (i assume the first number there is the actual model number).

Three other digital Mooer pedals work fine, and i followed the same precautions, so i don't quite know what happened. it might've shorted against the enclosure at one point, though the enclosure isn't yet grounded. This problem happens with all other pedals unplugged, though each has its own DC input anyway.

*i somehow have a couple of 10V, 750mA regulators in my PSU. 128mA is the stated current draw in the manual, and this output is fine with hungrier reverb and octaver pedals of the same ilk. 12V is the stated max limit in the manual.

any help would be awesome. i'll gladly provide more info, readings and pics if it helps. alternatively, is anyone selling a Mooer Repeater for cheap? lol

cheers!
Recovered guitar player.
Electronics manufacturer.