Small Bear In South Africa

Started by smallbearelec, August 18, 2017, 05:30:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smallbearelec

Hi All--

We are on vacation here and having an amazing time. We were at the Cape of Good Hope

and also at Cape Point nearby. It was there that I met and hired my new HR supervisor

He said that he would work for peanuts and add diversity to our staff...

More pics to follow, especially when we go on safari.

KarenColumbo

Ha! So cool! I have relatives-in-law in S.A.
  • SUPPORTER
I see something of myself in everyone / Just at this moment of the world / As snow gathers like bolts of lace / Waltzing on a ballroom girl" - Joni Mitchell - "Hejira"

EBK

Anyone else bugged by the phrase "most south-western point"?
I mean, it's not the southernmost point, and it's not the westernmost point -- how do you measure south-westerness?
(Unless it's a cultural distinction in the same way Santa Fe, New Mexico, is more "south-western" than Los Angeles, California.  :icon_razz:)
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

Mark Hammer

Given how long this has been in the planning, I'm pleased to see you're finally there.  Your Good Hopes were realized.  :icon_biggrin:

In view of the temperament and teeth of your new HR supervisor, I'm not sure if the stick figure on the sign underneath has a ponytail, a backpack, or HR tore off half of their left arm!

Enjoy.  Looking forward to tales and pics when you return.

Kipper4

Happy days Bear. :)
Looking really well.
Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

bluebunny

I think I may previously have worked with your new HR supervisor.   ???   Or his brother.   ;)

Enjoy your vacation!
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

stringsthings

The HR guy looks pretty serious about his job.  :D

GGBB

You can tell (s)he'll be good at HR - has no trouble sitting on the fence (or something like a fence).  ::)
  • SUPPORTER

thenewguy

How long did it take to fly down there?  What was the longest leg?

PRR

> What was the longest leg?

The giraffe.
  • SUPPORTER

bloxstompboxes

Quote from: PRR on August 19, 2017, 10:05:57 PM

The giraffe.

That was terrible Paul. And that, is why I like you. lol.

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.

smallbearelec

Quote from: thenewguy on August 18, 2017, 10:54:07 PM
How long did it take to fly down there?  What was the longest leg?

About 7 hours to Amsterdam and then 11 to Cape Town. Total door-to-door with layovers 27 hours. So far, well worth the jet lag.

thermionix

Well after a layover in Amsterdam, everything else is just smooooth sailing.... :icon_mrgreen:

GGBB

Quote from: PRR on August 19, 2017, 10:05:57 PM

The giraffe.

Where's the groan emoticon?
  • SUPPORTER

daz061

is Steve back yet, nobody has replied to my email as i have an issue that needs to be resolved.

Mark Hammer

Small Bear is about 8 people by now, so whether Steve is in town or not, there should be somebody there to respond to your e-mail.  That said, staff DO take vacations too.  Steve's not the only one allowed to leave city limits.

digi2t

Quote from: daz061 on August 24, 2017, 06:35:42 PM
is Steve back yet, nobody has replied to my email as i have an issue that needs to be resolved.

When one is irrelevant - no one cares if you answer your emails.

When one is relevant - everybody cares if you answer your emails.

When one is extremely relevant - they take to the forums in an effort to find out why you didn't answer your emails.

Congrats Steve. Welcome to the Big Time. :icon_lol:

From the website;

QuoteOff To Africa!

Judy and I will be leaving on the 11th for a three-week tour of South Africa, including a few days of safari. Of course, we'll post pictures. The shop will be open and shipping orders as usual, though my responses to technical questions and business issues may be a little slower.

Coolaudio V3205 delay chips are back in stock.

I have started to carry some Russian Germanium transistors. They have a reputation for being very good quality, and I find that it's true. Actually not so surprising, because, back in the bad-old-days, the good things that Eastern European factories produced were mostly military-related. More types will follow soon.

Regards

SD
  • SUPPORTER
Dead End FX
http://www.deadendfx.com/

Asian Icemen rise again...
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=903467

"My ears don't distinguish good from great.  It's a blessing, really." EBK

daz061

well nobody is answering me Mark

Mark Hammer

Is it anything we can respond to here, or is it purely a Small Bear business issue?

bloxstompboxes

Daz061, please be patient. I know it is frustrating. It is just a few people running the business, and not a call center full of customer service reps to handle your problem. I had an issue once, turns out it was my own ignorance, but Steve took it very seriously, replaced the item I messed up, and put a notice on the store listing to prevent future jerks like me from doing the same thing. Your issue will get resolved, I am sure of it.

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.