WAH PEDAL ENCLOSURES

Started by daz061, August 29, 2017, 03:33:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daz061

Who sells good wah pedal enclosures? what are your experiences? what to avoid, any advice appreciated

287m

JustinFun

In terms of value for money it's hard to beat just buying a broken crybaby off ebay. If you're lucky you can salvage pot/footswitch/jacks etc as well, and all for about £20.

287m

Quote from: JustinFun on August 29, 2017, 07:02:59 AM
In terms of value for money it's hard to beat just buying a broken crybaby off ebay. If you're lucky you can salvage pot/footswitch/jacks etc as well, and all for about £20.

yeah, but 'final price' isn't that cheap in other country  :(

Hatredman

Quote from: 287m on August 29, 2017, 07:41:00 AM
Quote from: JustinFun on August 29, 2017, 07:02:59 AM

yeah, but 'final price' isn't that cheap in other country  :(
I second that.

Used/broken Cry babies (or other big name whas) are expensive here on the third world, when bought locally. And if you try eBay, shipping costs are prohibitive.

--
Scarlett Johansson uses a Burst Box with her Telecaster.

Kirk Hammet invented the Burst Box.

stallik

You may find some of the suggestions on this thread to be of some interest
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=108440.0
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

daz061

thanks, anyone tried a smallbear 1?

nonoxxx

yes it's cheaper to find an used cry baby than a wha enclosure :/

thermionix

Quote from: daz061 on August 29, 2017, 05:13:46 PM
thanks, anyone tried a smallbear 1?

I haven't, but out of curiosity I just took a look at the one they sell.  Seems it doesn't come with a bottom plate.  Odd.

Last year I needed a bottom plate for the wah I built in an old Crybaby shell.  I needed one without the battery box.  Damn near impossible to find.  I considered whittling my own out of some aluminum sheet metal, but Lowe's wanted $11 for the smallest piece they had.  Add the cost of Dremel cutoff wheels (and Band-Aids) and I said hell no!

After much searching I discovered the only wah that Dunlop currently makes without the battery box on the bottom is the Slash signature wah.  It has the battery in the treadle.  Well, I only found one place online selling those plates, a guitar store in Arizona, IIRC.  So that's what I went with, and I screw it on bare side down.

I think I also saw a site in Germany selling generic solid bottom plates, but shipping to the US made that option too expensive for me.

amptramp

The only other thing that looks and functions like a wah enclosure would be the treadle foot control for a sewing machine.  That may be every bit as difficult to find as a broken wah pedal but it is an alternative.

JebemMajke

Some sort of volume and sustain controls for keyboard/organ players.

Also, I used to buy some generic Italian made vol pedals and convert them into wahs.

Easy to repaint as well.