Thanks Johan and Tobias K.

Started by petemoore, November 03, 2003, 06:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petemoore

THe EZ-vibe LIKES the TL062's TL062's  work much much better for me. in this ckt Aahhhh Wonderful, just came in today...
 Vibing is lusher and stays working [something about the OAs' bias riding up near the + rail..]
 FOr those of you interested..the 4.7k between the + [I just plugged it in the socket with the OA] and pin 5 of of the last phasing stage is still necessary, also I've a 10k pot between the ckt and the PS, I'm jsut leaving it in there, set somewhere in the middle.
 All in all the vibe sound is spectacular, the controls work just fine [I have the pot that varies the brightness of the LED's panel mounted.../]low noise.
 With the TL082's very find tuning of the 10k PS pot was necessary, [and would turn the ckt off with room to spare], the Tl062's cause sweeping to occur over a much broader range of the pots travel, sound goes through at any setting of this pot with the 062's.
 Anyway thanks to all the replies, this setup is working great,
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Tobias Karlsson

Thanks!

QuoteTHe EZ-vibe LIKES the TL062's TL062's work much much better for me. in this ckt Aahhhh Wonderful, just came in today...

Its' strange but if I don't remember things wrong IT WAS the same for me, despite what been mentioned here. I don't know why though.

QuoteFOr those of you interested..the 4.7k between the + [I just plugged it in the socket with the OA] and pin 5 of of the last phasing stage is still necessary, also I've a 10k pot between the ckt and the PS, I'm jsut leaving it in there, set somewhere in the middle.

That is also strange  :?:  I don't need one in mine, or maybe it will sound even better if I try that  :P

It's a must have effect for me as I'm a Trower and Hendrix fan and this one is so good, in my ears I don't need the Univibe for getting close, the Easy Vibe does it for me (and that with a plain battery instead)

Tobias Karlsson in Sweden
Tobias Karlsson

Tobias Karlsson

Thanks!

QuoteTHe EZ-vibe LIKES the TL062's TL062's work much much better for me. in this ckt Aahhhh Wonderful, just came in today...

Its' strange but if I don't remember things wrong IT WAS the same for me, despite what been mentioned here. I don't know why though.

QuoteFOr those of you interested..the 4.7k between the + [I just plugged it in the socket with the OA] and pin 5 of of the last phasing stage is still necessary, also I've a 10k pot between the ckt and the PS, I'm jsut leaving it in there, set somewhere in the middle.

That is also strange  :?:  I don't need one in mine, or maybe it will sound even better if I try that  :P

It's a must have effect for me as I'm a Trower and Hendrix fan and this one is so good, in my ears I don't need the Univibe for getting close, the Easy Vibe does it for me (and that with a plain battery instead)

Tobias Karlsson in Sweden
Tobias Karlsson

petemoore

EZ Vibe  
And I really love my dog very much...when it does what it is supposed to do.
 I'ts just totally insprational to play through, or even just to listen to IME.
 The Tl062's made the diff for me, that ~4.7k [2.2k-47kactually] thing I wouldn't mess with if it's sweeping nicely.
 However the 10k pot seriesed with the PS, for those of you having troubles, ....just adding and adjusting this seemed to have an instant effect of causeing the ckt to function...dunno ... it tricked it  for me.
  Just thought I'd post what I did that worked [basically I tried everything that I could think of 'blindly' and somehow got it to work...no 'real' tech/engineering theories just 'blind experiments'.
 Anything that's not working and has been redebugged is fair game for ckt ecperiments...I just started poking' in different R values, bridgeing heere and there...I knew I would get a vie going, one way or the other [build another or the Neo], these are not exactly cheap [parts and time wise] so needless to say I was overjoyed with the fact it started functioning and the SOUND...I call it my little slice of heeaven in a box!!!
the PS trick was the only premeditated attempt
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Johan

cool that it's working for you now....I am thinking of building one myself to replace the bulky battery eating Rotovibe I'm using...I took a closer look at the schematic today and the whole signalpath is really only biased through one 100k resistor and through the LDR's...it might be possible to bypass the LDR's with 100k resistors to make sure the bias stays where it should and then use a much greater variety of OP's...even those who need much more bias current than the TL0xx series...but then again...ah...nevermind...

Johan
DON'T PANIC

Bill_F

Anybody know where the schem is for this one? I know I had it at one time but now it's gone.  :(

Johan

DON'T PANIC

Bill_F

Thanks Johan.

I also found the parts layout over at Geo. I've decided to build that (Trower here I come!). Has anybody built the pedal from that board? Any problems or suggestions?

Thanks again.