Old Ibanez Super Tube Pots replacement

Started by nonoxxx, September 05, 2017, 05:35:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nonoxxx

Hello
Some pots of a friend's Ibanez Super tube pedal are dead, and I was looking for replacements ones that will be ideally direct replacements.

these pots are non standards stomp boxes pots ... :

After measuring and  looking at the alpha website these ones should fit perfectly  withe the reference 3RP/1201N shaft type B ...
  http://www.alphapotentiometers.net/html/12mm_pot_6.html

But what the meaning of ' shaft shown in full C.C.W' position ?   and does someone know where to find these pots , I take a look at mouser's website and don't find this reference ..

Thanks

antonis

Quote from: nonoxxx on September 05, 2017, 05:35:51 AM
But what the meaning of ' shaft shown in full C.C.W' position ?
Exactly what it says..  :icon_wink:

Pot turned all the way counter-clockwise (resistance between leg 1 & 2 almost zero..) so the shaft flat cut surface vertical axis is set at 300 right from the lenghtway (longitudinal) axis..
(it's shown to plan the respective knob fit/cut in case of existence some kind of pointer..)
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

nonoxxx

Thanks,
I had not thought about counter clock wise where reading ccw ... hahhahhah

antonis

My bad...  :icon_redface:

I should write DLSIDAdUM...  :icon_wink:
(dans le sens inverse des aiguilles d'une montre..)
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

nonoxxx

I hate anacronyms lol (as a software developper , I think I heard too much of ASCII... PHP...DNS.. WAMP ..) 

nonoxxx

Any clue for a website to buy these alphas  12 mm?