Stomp box suggestions

Started by bettsaj, September 25, 2017, 10:18:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bettsaj

Hi guys, i'm in a quandary....

I have made a fuzz face circuit on PC board that's a copy of the original, however I was going to put it into a 1590B Hammond enclosure but after putting the jack sockets in, the DC jack, and the pots the board won't fit as it's sitting too proud of the enclosure to enable me to close it, I obviously mis-calculated the position of the in/out jacks because of they were lower it would have fit no problem. This isn't an issue as I have a 1590BB that it will fit in. But that leaves me with an issue.......

I now have an enclosure drilled and ready with LED, jack plugs, DC socket and holes for 2 pots...... But I'm looking for a small enough circuit that I can quickly build and stuff in it...... Any ideas??

I was thinking of building another fuzz face but on a smaller board, like perf board and try and shrink it down small enough to fit...... But I don't really want 2 fuzz faces.
"My technique is laughable at times. I have developed a style of my own, I suppose, which creeps around. I'll never be a very fast guitar player."

Kipper4

Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

Mark Hammer

Unless you made a point of using huge capacitors and 1w resistors, or drilled your holes in the most foolish of places, there is no reason why you should not be able to fit a Fuzz Face in a 1590B.  If you used a PCB layout based on an original FF in the big round case, then I can understand why it won't fit.  But the entire circuit shold be able to fit on a small piece of perf, vero, or pad-per-hole.

287m

bettsaj

Mark Hammer... You are correct, i did make it with an original size FF board.
"My technique is laughable at times. I have developed a style of my own, I suppose, which creeps around. I'll never be a very fast guitar player."