Black nylon washers for 3PDT stomp switches?

Started by Bucksears, September 19, 2017, 11:36:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antonis

Quote from: EBK on September 21, 2017, 08:33:37 AM
unless, maybe, it's placed on the top of the enclosure under the lock washer?  :icon_wink:
NO, 'cause lock washer metal "teeth" have to grasp on a hard non-rotating surface..
(otherwise, any turn/slide/rotation of plastic washer should be transfered on the nut via lock washer..)  :icon_wink:
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

EBK

Quote from: antonis on September 21, 2017, 10:12:22 AM
Quote from: EBK on September 21, 2017, 08:33:37 AM
unless, maybe, it's placed on the top of the enclosure under the lock washer?  :icon_wink:
NO, 'cause lock washer metal "teeth" have to grasp on a hard non-rotating surface..
(otherwise, any turn/slide/rotation of plastic washer should be transfered on the nut via lock washer..)  :icon_wink:
good point.
What about the metal washer? Inside too?
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

R.G.

Thin metal washer on the outside. Prevents scarring the case by turning the nut, and spaces the socket (you do use sockets or nut drivers for this, don't you?) from scarring the case, too.

Lock washers should go inside the case, not outside.

The bushing is so long on footswitches to allow them to adapt to any thickness of panel. There are two nuts for the same reason. It lets you position the bushing with a minimum amount of threads exposed on the top for many different thicknesses of bushing.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

antonis

Quote from: EBK on September 21, 2017, 10:24:16 AM
What about the metal washer? Inside too?
Personally, I don't use to place more than two "free-wheel" items on the same side..

"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

davent

For tightening stompswitches i usually use one of those ESP type nut wrenches, can use them on knurled type nuts as well. Can't remember why i settled on that tool's use there but I do use nut drivers for other nuts inside or outside the enclosure.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg