The inevitable 'State Variable Filter not working' thread...

Started by patrick398, September 21, 2017, 06:21:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fancy Lime

Hi Rich,

oh the experiment was totally worth it, glad I tried it. It just wasn't too useful for the particular purpose that I had intended. However, for a long sweeping autowah for guitar, especially with long release times, I can totally see this being a musically valuable addition. Or to switch between two static wah settings, possibly with a cap to cause a sweep from one setting to the other.

Andy
My dry, sweaty foot had become the source of one of the most disturbing cases of chemical-based crime within my home country.

A cider a day keeps the lobster away, bucko!

patrick398

Quote from: Fancy Lime on October 06, 2017, 05:36:13 PM
I'd be very interested in a sound demo of your thing.

Cheers,
Andy

Annoyingly the jack on my mac stopped working so i can no longer record through it into Logic so this clip was recorded through the inbuilt mic on the mac which obviously is less than ideal. Also the amp i use to test pedals is the worst piece of crap ever so this isn't the best example but you get the idea. First 20 seconds is just obligatory funk chords not using the FSR. At about 21 seconds theres king of tone overdrive into the envelope (i've since learned that it sounds WAAYYYY better the other way round with envelope into distortion) I'm using it less in an auto wah fashion i guess, i'm mainly after crazy big filter sweeps kind of like you can get out of a mutronics mutator.

https://soundcloud.com/user-418904944/svf-with-fsr-14092017-1221