Custom or modified expression pedal: Stone Deaf, etc.

Started by theecaptain, September 24, 2017, 12:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theecaptain

I want to modify an expression pedal (probably an EB VP Jr.) to work with:

- a Stone Deaf PDF-2: "only compatible" with their proprietary EP, which uses a "non-standard Reverse Log 100K S taper pot". Turns out, I don't like the one they make.
- an Alexander Syntax Error....
- a Death By Audio Evil Filter....
- an Adventure Audio Dream Reaper: they recommend using a Moog EP or another with 100k pot value

Firstly: does anyone manufacture something that would work with all or some of these? I've been looking at Mission Engineering, Thru-Tone, and the Source Audio Reflex, etc. I also found this (https://ameliascompass.com/our_products/controllerhub-8/), but it seems it would require a computer and conversion back to the CV/expression pedal "format."

Otherwise, is it possible to modify either a VP Jr. or an existing expression pedal to work with all or some of these? I'm generally new to the gear tweaking stuff, so I don't really know what exists. In an ideal world, I would be able to program something, so I could calibrate heel/toe values and select which "program" (exp. resistance, taper, output or outputs, TRS configuration) to use, on-the-fly. Kind of an Ultimate ExpressionTM thing.

Thanks!

Okgareth

Just curious what you ended up doing, I'm in the same boat.