Author Topic: Converting a speaker Amp to a mini guitar amp, help required  (Read 218 times)

Yata

Converting a speaker Amp to a mini guitar amp, help required
« on: September 30, 2017, 01:34:03 PM »
So my friend gave me a portable speaker which I prompty decided to rip open and pry inside. Upon getting the PCB out I see it uses a TDA2822m IC with a 3V power supply and two tiny 8OHM speakers. is it possible to convert this to a portable guitar amp with a switchable headphone jack or use the inbuilt speakers?
I;ve attatched pictures of the PCB and what I think is the current wiring for it. It has a stereo input as well but would it be possible to just wire the L and R inputs into the one input coming from my guitar lead (mono 1/4 jack).
Would I need to use some sort of pedal in front of it since its expecting a signal from an mp3 player not a guitar?
What about the power supply as well, would it better be connecting a 9V battery, the 2822M specs state that it can handle up to 15V?
How much extra work would it be to incorperate a pot or a germanium tranny (or diodes) to get some sort of clipping or fuzz?
Thanks, Chris.
PCB SHOTS: https://imgur.com/gallery/ACDJg

« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 01:36:57 PM by Yata »