Which of the cheap mini-wah enclosures is best for a gut renovation?

Started by blackieNYC, October 09, 2017, 01:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackieNYC

Seems like there are quite a few. 
  • SUPPORTER
http://29hourmusicpeople.bandcamp.com/
Tapflo filter, Gator, Magnus Modulus +,Meathead, 4049er,Great Destroyer,Scrambler+, para EQ, Azabache, two-loop mix/blend, Slow Gear, Phase Royal, Escobedo PWM, Uglyface, Jawari,Corruptor,Tri-Vibe,Battery Warmers

Mark Hammer

I dunno, Alan.  I've always felt more like a 5'11" man trapped in a 5'7" body.  But if I was in the market for a "guy renovation", I'd much rather have it done by a qualified surgeon than do it myself with a mini-wah.

Fancy Lime

Quote from: blackieNYC on October 09, 2017, 01:59:03 PM
Seems like there are quite a few. 

Really? Which are those? I have trouble finding any decent affordable wah enclosures, let alone anything mini or cheap.

Andy
My dry, sweaty foot had become the source of one of the most disturbing cases of chemical-based crime within my home country.

A cider a day keeps the lobster away, bucko!

blackieNYC

Damn - my mistake.  Lots of cheap wahs, lots of mini-wahs, but no overlap.  must have been looking on my little phone.

A gut renovation, Mark.  I am subjected to daily attempts at "guy renovation", all have failed.

Earth scum built a way out of a chopped up 1590A!  but the photos are gone!

• SUPPORTER
http://29hourmusicpeople.bandcamp.com/
Tapflo filter, Gator, Magnus Modulus +,Meathead, 4049er,Great Destroyer,Scrambler+, para EQ, Azabache, two-loop mix/blend, Slow Gear, Phase Royal, Escobedo PWM, Uglyface, Jawari,Corruptor,Tri-Vibe,Battery Warmers

Mark Hammer

Yeah, a quick look through Amazon, and while there seem to be more and more mini-wahs in production, they are all going to be in the $100 range or costlier.  You may have to go full-on DIY.  In which case, it strikes me that a system like what Morley frequently used - bulb, LDR, and treadle-operated shutter - is quite amenable to a small form factor.  The nice thing about it is that one can scale down the opaque shading on the shutter, so that the changes in LDR illumination needed can be achieved with whatever treadle arc you have to work with in a small package; something I doubt one could achieve with a rack and pinion.