Confused about how to ground with a 3PDT switch

Started by badun, October 18, 2017, 12:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

badun

I built a Fuzz Factory using the pictured PCB and it worked fine using a battery and no switching.  However, I've gotten totally lost trying to add a 3PDT switch to it.  It's my first pedal and I'm new to electronics so I'm suffering from information overload right now!  The switch is from 3pdt.com and I'm not using a daughterboard with it.  I know that there are ground wires for the input and output jacks, the power input (I'm not using a battery in the final build, just a DC transformer), the LED, the and PCB (which has a single ground point).  Where do all those ground wires come together?  That may be too simple a question but I don't want to assume that anything I've done so far is correct!

The PCB:  https://644db4de3505c40a0444-327723bce298e3ff5813fb42baeefbaa.ssl.cf1.rackcdn.com/uploads/project/top_image/xaBILSTV/i.png

antonis

ALL of them should come from DC power supply NEGATIVE plug..!!
(same as battery's (-) output..)

<just a DC transformer>
You probably mean DC regulated power supply..  :icon_wink:

P.S.
Wellcome...
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

badun

Yes, I did mean a negative DC regulated power supply. :-[  It's a real one and I know it works!  So putting it in simpleton terms (for my benefit), all the ground wires come together in one neatly soldered bundle?

antonis

Something like this:

Circle named GND on middle bottom is comming from PS negative plug..
(mother of all GNDs..)
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

badun

Thanks, Antonis!  Of the many, many diagrams I have seen this one made the light bulb go off over my head and I get it now.  Thanks again!