News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

boston???

Started by doug deeper, November 05, 2003, 03:16:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doug deeper

ok...im lazy :D  :D  :D ....
so whos in the boston/new england...area???
i think it woud be nice to know....ya know to trade story about that crappy dude at daddys and such :wink: ....
take care...
doug

Greg Moss

I'm living in the boston area.  Yep.  I usually don't talk much to the clerks at daddy's.  Works for me so far, although some of them are very nice people.

doug deeper

yeah...i was just kidding :D  :D
its cool that some of you guys are local though!!!
doug

Peter Snowberg

I'm from, and living 3,000 miles away, but I bought a Boss HM-2 at Daddy's across from Berklee. :D
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

doug deeper

very nice!!!!
thats pretty close to my place of buisness!!!
doug

bwanasonic

I live in the Boston area. My *main* music store is Cambridge Music. Rock City in Davis Sq. Somerville gets some interesting pedals.  I go *way back* in Boston area music stores (mid 1970s).  Bought my first pedal (Thomas Organ Stereo Fuzz-Wah) at Pampalone's on the corner of Mass Ave. and Boylston around 1977.

Kerry M

Rodgre

I'm in the Boston area as well. I run a studio full of pedals near Worcester, and I just moved to Fitchburg.

And if you're in the Boston area on Thursday night....plug plug, my band is playing the Paradise Lounge (front room at the Paradise on Comm Ave near B.U.)

Roger

moosapotamus

Hey, y'all!

I'm a Boston area transplant, as of about five years ago, from the Philadelphia area. Been in 5 different bands since I've been here, playing either bass or guitar. The current outfit practices in Burlington.

The first band I got into when I moved up here was great, hung together for around two years. The others have been... well, um... That's how it goes... you know?

So... still looking to pull a decent band together. In the meantime, pedals, pedals and more pedals. 8)

~ Charlie
moosapotamus.net
"I tend to like anything that I think sounds good."

Joe Hart

I'm from the Boston area (just south and west in Westwood).  Would anyone be into meeting up and checking out each other's pedals? Let me know.
-Joe Hart

Ammscray

Born in the North End...moved to sunny CA in 86...the winter made me do it...:)

My old stomping ground used to be Wurlizters...I think there was only one Daddys when I left...Mr. Music in Allston was cool...

My old man lives in S Medford...right near where Chick Corea used to...

Goin' back soon as a matter of fact...
"Scram kid, ya botha me!"

Samuel

Living in Cambridge, used to live in JP a while back...

doug deeper

i live "smack dab" between mr music and the paridise!!!
very cool...
i also moved to cali for a bit...(to avoid winter :wink: )but have since returned...
doug

Rodgre

I suggest we all meet up tomorrow at the Paradise!

As for my homemade pedals, I'll be using a couple of mosfet boosters and possibly my Hot Rod Big Muff, though that needs a little looking into as it wasn't working right last time.

Roger

Greg Moss

Quote from: RodgreI suggest we all meet up tomorrow at the Paradise!

As for my homemade pedals, I'll be using a couple of mosfet boosters and possibly my Hot Rod Big Muff, though that needs a little looking into as it wasn't working right last time.

Roger

I gotta work tommorow night... sucks.  I'll keep my eyes peeled for future shows/keep us posted....

Greg.