Big enclosures? (for 7 or 8 footswitches).

Started by steveyraff, October 27, 2017, 05:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveyraff

All I've ever build are 1590B or BB.

I've been for a long time toying with the idea of consolidating all the pedals in my quite compact board into one big enclosure. I'd rehouse a few, and then build a few for it.
I was thinking:
Polytuner (routing a window for the display will be tricky) >
Keeley comp >
King of Tone >
Keeley Super Mod Station

That would equal 7 footswitches. Not sure if another clean boost is necessary but that would bring it up to 8. Is there standard large enclosure of this sort of size? I'd probably rather have something with room to spare, rather than work with anything too cramped and risk it.
Steve.

www.outlandstudios.co.uk

blackieNYC

Discarded rack mount gear, if you have any access to a broadcaster or repair shop. Even network switches. I mount a panel where there are unwanted holes.  7 pedals, maybe 8.
I live in a junkyard. Not everyone does. 
  • SUPPORTER
http://29hourmusicpeople.bandcamp.com/
Tapflo filter, Gator, Magnus Modulus +,Meathead, 4049er,Great Destroyer,Scrambler+, para EQ, Azabache, two-loop mix/blend, Slow Gear, Phase Royal, Escobedo PWM, Uglyface, Jawari,Corruptor,Tri-Vibe,Battery Warmers

R.G.

Go here: https://www.metalsdepot.com/aluminum-products/aluminum-rectangle-tube
They sell sticks of rectangular aluminum tubing in 2x4, 2x5, and 2x6 inch cross section, 1/8" thick walls, by the inch or foot. This stuff is easy to cut and drill, and all but impossible to damage.

If you can stand a little more weight, you can get steel in similar shapes and thinner sections, down to structural sheet metal products intended for house framing (See "Steel Studs" at geofex.com).

Cut to length (hacksaw works) then file to smooth and square. Degrease and primer, then lay out and drill holes for controls and jacks, clean and re-primer, then paint.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.