TC Electronic SCF Chorus Pedal that POPS loud with my ES-5 Switcher

Started by fuzzy645, October 30, 2017, 11:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fuzzy645

I have had a TC Electronic SCF chorus for many years (since the mid 90's), and I love the sound of it.  Recently, I started using a Boss ES-5 switcher.  For some reason, the SCF sometimes make a very loud popping noise when switched on or off via the ES-5.   I have verified there is nothing wrong with the ES-5, and confirmed this with Boss.   The culprit is the SCF, and it seems as if this is fairly common.

I have heard some claim they solved the problem by wiring a pull-down resistor across tip to sleeve of the output jack.  I have also read this to be an ineffective fix, and that any pull-down resistor must be placed directly outside of the output capacitor, and/or input capacitor. 

What do you all think?  I am reluctant to attempt to modify this vintage pedal in any way.  If I must, does anyone then have a schematic of the pedal.  All suggestions are welcome.

Fender3D

Why don't use the control jack on ES-5 connected to TC's external bypass control? Just set it to momentary.
Otherwise you may connect resistors (1M should do the job) inside input and output cables' jacks...
"NOT FLAMMABLE" is not a challenge