Rebote Delay -- Make lights happen with delays?

Started by elenore19, October 31, 2017, 05:23:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elenore19

I found some rebote boards lying around and I found a handpainted enclosure that needs some fanciness. So I'm going to have an endless repeats footswitch and I was hoping I could have some lights that flicker with the repeats. Not necessarily tied to the pedal, but a fast on/off or at least on/dim, of sorts. Flicker.
Wondering if there's an easy way to pull this off. I have a 4pdt that could be used if needed, but I'm hoping to use a momentary 3pdt on hand.
Let me know.
Thanks!

-Elliot

bean

If you hook up a diffused LED between pin8 and ground on the PT2399 it should blink with the repeats, IIRC. Don't know if it alters the delay tone at all. It only works when you are playing (PT getting audio input), though....not on its own.

deadastronaut

^ yep i was doing this very thing the other day on breadboard..

messing with another 2x/3x pt2399 delay.   ::)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

bean

Quote from: deadastronaut on November 02, 2017, 05:49:16 AM

You know, it makes me think that such an LED used with a trimmer + LDR in parallel with the delay pot could produce a very cool adjustable warble.

Plexi

I'll try to hook up a diffused LED between pin8 and ground on the PT2399: maybe with a resistor trimmer, it indicates some kind of "overload" (like in the EHX MM).

Quote from: bean on November 02, 2017, 07:45:43 AM
Quote from: deadastronaut on November 02, 2017, 05:49:16 AM

You know, it makes me think that such an LED used with a trimmer + LDR in parallel with the delay pot could produce a very cool adjustable warble.

Like in the Clari(not)?
In that case they take the clipping from the buffer/pre (LM386): another good idea!
To you, buffered bypass sucks tone.
To me, it sucks my balls.

Plexi

Tried the pin 8 to ground trick with a few led's (in any colors and size).
In every case, 'distort' the repetitions a bit.

Is a good improvement to add with a momentary "oscillation" DPDT switch.
To you, buffered bypass sucks tone.
To me, it sucks my balls.