A saucy question

Started by Mark Hammer, November 05, 2017, 12:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Hammer

Am I the only one here who feels the urge to design something and name it the "My Little Pony" overdrive?

:icon_lol:

Fancy Lime

Nope, me too! And for some reason I always picture a bare-chested former KGB agent riding said pony and want to call it мой маленький пони. Why might that be?
My dry, sweaty foot had become the source of one of the most disturbing cases of chemical-based crime within my home country.

A cider a day keeps the lobster away, bucko!

EBK

Hmm, and I thought there must be no way to translate My Little Pony into Russian (i.e., if anyone would know, it would be Agent Angela).
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

Marcos - Munky

Please use different led colors for the clipping! A lot of them!

italianguy63

Here's the clipart for the etch:

MC

I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

GibsonGM

Quote from: italianguy63 on November 05, 2017, 02:44:03 PM

MC

Cough cough...umm, given recent developments in the news, shouldn't it be Hillary and her team on the back of that horse?  Since there's nothing to tie the Trumpster to Russia, but overwhelming data shows HRC, Podesta et. al. were involved in some pretty big dealings (Uranium 1, DNC connection to fake dossier, Podesta's involvement....etc).   Oh, and I won't mention election rigging and who actually got caught doing it (poor Bernie...)...

Wasn't going to say anything, but this forum does best when it remains non-political, doesn't it?  *shrug*   I'm more than willing to duke it out, rabidly, but really like this place because it's AWAY from all of that garbage...just sayin'...we all get along very well when this crap is kept out - it's really screwing up our society, IMHO.
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...

italianguy63

It could be Hillary.. but the hair is too long..

It wasn't meant to be political.. but Putin Pony B&W clipart is sparce.

MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

GibsonGM

It oughtta be both...what a dirty biz politics is, glad I chose music, ha ha   :) 
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...

deadastronaut

Pony is rhyming slang...

pony and  trap... 
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

EBK

You know, a Silver Pony spec'd Klon Centaur in a 1590A would be a perfect "my little pony" overdrive.  :icon_lol:
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

blackieNYC

"AngelaLarm" ?!?!?
                           "Angel Alarm"!!!
  • SUPPORTER
http://29hourmusicpeople.bandcamp.com/
Tapflo filter, Gator, Magnus Modulus +,Meathead, 4049er,Great Destroyer,Scrambler+, para EQ, Azabache, two-loop mix/blend, Slow Gear, Phase Royal, Escobedo PWM, Uglyface, Jawari,Corruptor,Tri-Vibe,Battery Warmers

Plexi

Sorry to be the negative one in this wonderful brainstorm...  :icon_redface:
But remember the special edition "little pony" from Protone:
To you, buffered bypass sucks tone.
To me, it sucks my balls.

Rob Strand

QuoteSorry to be the negative one in this wonderful brainstorm...  :icon_redface:
But remember the special edition "little pony" from Protone
So funny!
I can't believe it existed.  Then again, unicorns exist.

Send:     . .- .-. - .... / - --- / --. --- .-. -
According to the water analogy of electricity, transistor leakage is caused by holes.

jubal81

Quote from: GibsonGM on November 05, 2017, 03:04:51 PM

MC

Cough cough...umm, given recent developments in the news, shouldn't it be Hillary and her team on the back of that horse?  Since there's nothing to tie the Trumpster to Russia, but overwhelming data shows HRC, Podesta et. al. were involved in some pretty big dealings (Uranium 1, DNC connection to fake dossier, Podesta's involvement....etc).   Oh, and I won't mention election rigging and who actually got caught doing it (poor Bernie...)...

Wasn't going to say anything, but this forum does best when it remains non-political, doesn't it?  *shrug*   I'm more than willing to duke it out, rabidly, but really like this place because it's AWAY from all of that garbage...just sayin'...we all get along very well when this crap is kept out - it's really screwing up our society, IMHO.

I recommend you take your own advice and delete this post. I then recommend you read a real newspaper rather than relying on Facebook or talk radio for your information.

diffeq

Quote from: Mark Hammer on November 05, 2017, 12:51:30 PM
Am I the only one here who feels the urge to design something and name it the "My Little Pony" overdrive?

:icon_lol:

Then the controls on it should be named "Friendship" and "Magic".  :icon_biggrin:
Must be colourful too.

Fancy Lime

I think in keeping with the origin of the idea for this thing, the "Friendship" control should be called "Дружба". The other two could be "Правда" (Truth) and "соединяйтесь" (Unite). Amazing how well the pony-theme goes with communist slogans.

Дружба,
Andy
My dry, sweaty foot had become the source of one of the most disturbing cases of chemical-based crime within my home country.

A cider a day keeps the lobster away, bucko!

GibsonGM

Quote from: jubal81 on November 06, 2017, 01:01:13 AM
Quote from: GibsonGM on November 05, 2017, 03:04:51 PM

MC

I recommend you take your own advice and delete this post. I then recommend you read a real newspaper rather than relying on Facebook or talk radio for your information.

Sure, let's keep it going, great idea. 

All I asked is that people NOT do the political thing so we can continue to get along regarding ELECTRONICS and that was settled with no 'bloodshed'.   The graphic of Putin/Trump was the thing that started it, NOT ME, and it wasn't even that big a deal.  Then you came along to push buttons, as if that exchange was your business.  It wasn't.  I wanted to halt a 'precedent', if possible.

Great fun, politics is - can't wait til you reply so we can really blow it up and ruin the forum!!   Awesome!!  Anyone else want to jump in?  It's a great mob sport, the more the merrier.
  • SUPPORTER

Electron Tornado

We asked Mr. Horse how he feels about the political turn things have taken here....

• SUPPORTER
"Corn meal, gun powder, ham hocks, and guitar strings"

Who is John Galt?

bool

Mark Hammer

On a less political, and more more sombre and practical note, do we know how often such massive assaults on the forum take place?  Our "guardians" do a wonderful job cleaning up, and I imagine preventing, such events.  So hats off.  How often do such things or attempts happen that we might not be aware of?  And when they happen, do they always happen in Cyrillic, or do they happen in other languages from other points of origin?