Industrialectric RM-1N Clone

Started by natron_mn, November 13, 2017, 11:16:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

natron_mn

I've been wanting to try out the Industrialectric RM-1N for a while, and finally rented one from Pedal Genie. I opened it up when it arrived and was surprised by how few components there are given the number of knobs on this thang. It uses a simple BTDR-2H long brick. Since there aren't too many ways you can build a brick reverb pedal, I'm wondering if this would be simple to replicate? Is the raunchy gain from this pedal just coming from the 3 TL072 ics?

Wondering if anyone has any idea how this circuit works in general? Below I have the images along with component values. I plan on removing the pcb completely to see what the POT values are.

Also, one thing that was odd to me (at least as a novice builder) is the fact that the current limiting resistor for the LED is connected to the cathode of the LED. I thought those always had to be placed between the power source and the anode?

Lastly, I've wanted to use those jewels in a build for a while. Is that goop just hot glue keeping the LED in there?

mth5044

The resistor can be on either side of the LED as it limits current at any place in the loop between the positive and negative terminals of the power supply, whether that be before or after the LED.

For the pedal - since you have it there, could you trace it? Or is it covered in goop.

natron_mn

I don't know how to trace a pedal...! How do people normally trace a pedal? With a probe, and one component at a time?

mth5044

I'm not saying you should or shouldn't copy it, up to you I guess, but it would be easiest done with pen and paper. To me it looks like a combo reverb and drive using diodes. Could be Tube Screamer based?