Mid range bump mod?

Started by davepedals, November 17, 2017, 12:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davepedals

Is there any 'easy way' to achive a Mid range bump at zero in an electra distorting type pedal? similar to a tube screamer's bump? Thinking a simple cap change may not do it. Thanks for any help!
dave
dave

Plexi

Idk mids, but you can decrease the bass amplification by reducing in and/or out caps.
Maybe some kind of treble boost.
To you, buffered bypass sucks tone.
To me, it sucks my balls.

GibsonGM

Messing around with the 10n treble bleed cap next to the clipping diodes might gain you a bit in the mids. 

The only other thing I could suggest is to build an actual variable filter, and a gain recovery stage after it.  You could do that as a stand-alone pedal, too, and feed things like the Electra to it. 
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...

davepedals

Thanks for the fast replies!  Well lack of sleep led to a brain fart on my part!  although I would like this mod as stated, I meant to say for a boost, maybe lpb1, sho, or similar.  Will cat nap myself later today!
dave