Vox v847A volume Mod and true bypass

Started by marcos_s_p, November 19, 2017, 09:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marcos_s_p

Hiya!

I´ve been quite a while wanting a volume pedal, but to build one you need a good housing, etc. So, I know that the VOX v847 can be modified to be a volume pedal (adding a switch to change from wah to volume and vice-versa). How about the v847A? However, I also heard that in that case the volume wouldn't go totally to silent, is it true? Is there a work around? Additionally, would the tone suck because of the whole circuit?

Another question is that the spdt switch of it went bad. I have a few DPDTs that I could use and wire as a SPDT. But them I could also wire to true bypass. Is it worth it? I heard that the output between effect and bypass would have a volume shift. Is that true?

Many thanks in advance!!!
Marcos

thermionix

QuoteHow about the v847A?

I would assume so.  Have you got a schematic?

QuoteI also heard that in that case the volume wouldn't go totally to silent, is it true?

Yes.

QuoteIs there a work around?

Not that I know of without messing up the wah part.

Quotewire to true bypass. Is it worth it?

Yes.

Quotea volume shift. Is that true?

Some people notice a volume drop when engaging a TB wah, it never bothered me on mine.

marcos_s_p

Thanks thermionix!

I'll look for the schematics, I don't have them at the top of my head. But maybe it will be easier to build one volume pedal. My difficulty is in the enclosure.

Quote from: thermionix on November 19, 2017, 11:30:43 PM

QuoteIs there a work around?

Not that I know of without messing up the wah part.

How messed up would be?

Many thanks again!!
Marcos

antonis

Can't see any problem other than Volume pedals use a relative low value pot (10k or so..)

"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..