Line 6 DL4 switching problems

Started by bryceredix, December 08, 2017, 12:03:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bryceredix

I did the switch mod with the momentary switches for my DL4 and now switch C and D do not work anymore and they worked prior to the mod. I have tested the switches and they are fine I have tried using a jumper wire on the two pads to see if anything would happen and it still doesn't work. I did everything right and I didn't damage any traces in the process of doing the mod so I'm just really confused of what happened, has this happened to anyone before? could it possibly be the relay? also please don't reply with "don't fix what isn't broke" I did this mod as a fail safe because everyone knows the DL4 tactile switches eventually go out.

drummer4gc

Put the original switches back in - does it work now?

bryceredix

Quote from: drummer4gc on December 08, 2017, 12:55:30 AM
Put the original switches back in - does it work now?

Unfortunately I have tried that and haven't had any luck.

drummer4gc

Sounds like the traces or solder pads might be in bad shape then. Have you checked continuity with a multimeter? Maybe some pics would help.

bryceredix

Quote from: drummer4gc on December 08, 2017, 01:40:41 AM
Sounds like the traces or solder pads might be in bad shape then. Have you checked continuity with a multimeter? Maybe some pics would help.

Im honestly feeling kind of dumb right now lol. I must have accidentally damaged the trace connecting R30 and R31 while I was desoldering the old tactile switches. The cut in the trace was so small I had to use a flashlight to find it. Thanks for your help!