Am I on the right track with this triple tap tempo?

Started by cannedwalrus, December 08, 2017, 11:01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cannedwalrus

Looking to build a tap tempo that syncs 3 Normally Open pedals at once. The third one is a Strymon which I hear need a TRS to work. Am I on the right track here?

blackieNYC

I don't think so.  Have you drawn audio paths there? Or tap tempo control lines?  Not sure what you have going on there. One tap tempo controller could be made to control several devices - each device will have to be made to accept this control signal. 
  • SUPPORTER
http://29hourmusicpeople.bandcamp.com/
Tapflo filter, Gator, Magnus Modulus +,Meathead, 4049er,Great Destroyer,Scrambler+, para EQ, Azabache, two-loop mix/blend, Slow Gear, Phase Royal, Escobedo PWM, Uglyface, Jawari,Corruptor,Tri-Vibe,Battery Warmers

cannedwalrus

Quote from: blackieNYC on December 09, 2017, 06:13:00 PM
I don't think so.  Have you drawn audio paths there? Or tap tempo control lines?  Not sure what you have going on there. One tap tempo controller could be made to control several devices - each device will have to be made to accept this control signal.

I don't think you understood my post. It's an external tap tempo for delays/modulations that have external tap jacks. I wired up a prototype today and it did work, the only tweak I had to make was that the tip on the stereo jack had to be wired to the center lug on the 3PDT switch because the Strymon pedals require an external tap to switch the tip between the ring and the sleeve.

blackieNYC

Ah. I see.
Your drawing has the sleeve switching between tip and ring. Strymon wants the tip to go to sleeve (ground) or ring (+5v).  Figure out which connection, 5v or gnd to tip, is the trigger.
  • SUPPORTER
http://29hourmusicpeople.bandcamp.com/
Tapflo filter, Gator, Magnus Modulus +,Meathead, 4049er,Great Destroyer,Scrambler+, para EQ, Azabache, two-loop mix/blend, Slow Gear, Phase Royal, Escobedo PWM, Uglyface, Jawari,Corruptor,Tri-Vibe,Battery Warmers