Collections of transistor circuits

Started by Rob Strand, December 13, 2017, 09:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antonis

Good job, Rob..!!!  :icon_wink:

(and to Ray Marston, of course..)
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

Rob Strand

QuoteGood job, Rob..!!!
Thanks.  I found them while trying to find an example circuit for another post

Quote(and to Ray Marston, of course..)
Yes,  he's done some good articles over the years. 
Especially good for learning.

Page 8 has some nice tricks for needle type meters.    Test equipment from the 60 and 70's used these tricks all the time but now it almost a lost art.
Send:     . .- .-. - .... / - --- / --. --- .-. -
According to the water analogy of electricity, transistor leakage is caused by holes.

Fancy Lime

Fantastic indeed, thanks!

Bummer that these very useful post linking fundamental information tend to get buried over time. Would be great to have a Child Board specifically for this sort of thing where it would be easier to find, especially for novices who don't know the exact terms for which they should be searching. Anyone else for petitioning Aron to make one of those, if it's not too much hassle? I think this would be a great addition to the info in the Wiki, Geofex and so on that are linked anyway.

Cheers,
Andy
My dry, sweaty foot had become the source of one of the most disturbing cases of chemical-based crime within my home country.

A cider a day keeps the lobster away, bucko!

antonis

Quote from: Rob Strand on December 14, 2017, 04:51:23 AM
Test equipment from the 60 and 70's used these tricks all the time but now it almost a lost art.
Don't bet on it..  :icon_wink:
(said from an owner of such a calibrating prototype..) :icon_redface:

"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

Rob Strand

QuoteDon't bet on it..  :icon_wink:
(said from an owner of such a calibrating prototype..)
Unfortunately I not longer have a Needle meter.  One day the needle went past 10, even past 11 it might have reached  22.  It was a very large meter with a nice reflector to reduce parallax error, 50ua (20kohm/V).

My only beef with those Needle meters is when they get sticky it's real annoying!
According to the water analogy of electricity, transistor leakage is caused by holes.

antonis

Quote from: Rob Strand on December 14, 2017, 07:28:46 PM
One day the needle went past 10, even past 11 it might have reached  22.
:icon_biggrin: :D :icon_razz: :icon_biggrin: :D :icon_razz: :icon_biggrin: :D :icon_razz:

<sorry Rob, couldn't resist> :icon_redface:

Rob Strand

Rob Strand

AS74

Hello good folk,

Could someone educate me of a way to save the linked pages, particularly the cookbooks series, to my hard drive?
Not too savvy on that type of thing.

duck_arse

you need some reading now the cricket's finished?

usually, right clik on the link, select 'open link in new background/tab' - the page loads. right clik in the page, there should be an option "save page as" or "save page with images as", like that. save them to the folder you have already created, in a place you can't loose it. bob's your uncle.

for the pdf files, I do the right clik, open in background tab, the browser opens a new tab, downloads the pdf file, then closes the tab and finds the program my system uses to display pdf's in. if'n I want to keep the file then, there is a menu item "save a copy" [of this file]. select that, save the file in that happy place again, more from your related roberts.

what system and browser are you using?
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

Mark Hammer

There are all sorts of free PDF  convertors out there that will allow you to "print-to-pdf" instead of sending content to the actual printer.  I saved the files by selecting "print preview" within my browser, and then printing each chapter to PDF, which I then saved.  I used something called PDF Factory, but there are plenty of others.

Just as a sidenote, if a schematic you like is embedded in a larger pdf file you've created, you can simply enlarge what you see on screen in the pdf and print THAT to its own pdf, using the very same convertor.

composition4

Quote from: duck_arse on December 18, 2017, 09:07:04 AM

In all honesty, can we agree that the cricket was finished the moment England disembarked the plane in Brisbane?

PRR

> a way to save the linked pages

Right- (or long-) click. Modern (since 2002?) browsers have a context menu, Save As is in there.

Watch where you save it so you can find it again! You probably want a dedicated folder.

For PDFs, right-click the link.

For whole Web-pages, modern browsers will save the page and also all images, images tucked in a corresponding folder near the saved web-page. Links are usually adjusted to point to the local copy of an image (this can get flummoxed).

• SUPPORTER

AS74

Awesome.  Thanks, I should be able to figure something out from all that.

duck_arse

Quote from: composition4 on December 18, 2017, 12:31:57 PM
Quote from: duck_arse on December 18, 2017, 09:07:04 AM

In all honesty, can we agree that the cricket was finished the moment England disembarked the plane in Brisbane?

"we", civilised folk, yes, we can. but the english press, the barmy army, the marketing machines all need fodder.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

reddesert

In the US at least, you can get hardcopies of the GE or RCA Transistor Manuals inexpensively from used booksellers or Amazon.

Mine was let go by a university department I worked for long ago and is stamped as a free giveaway from an electronics parts distributor.

pee-j

if only threads could be marked / flagged as "knowledge" ,

or / and if only on the opening pages of diystomboxes there was one thread group called "knowlegde"... (above "store", for example)

threads wouldn't have to be moved across!!
in the knowledge thread group references could be placed in posts...

just a thought

iainpunk

yes!

ive been suggesting the option for moderators to add labels to threads, like [solved] [de-railed] and [re-railed], but [knowledge] would be a great one as well

cheers
friendly reminder: all holes are positive and have negative weight, despite not being there.

cheers