Found this vero in my parts drawer, can anyone help me identify the circuit?

Started by slashandburn, December 16, 2017, 02:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slashandburn

I must have made this a while ago and I don't have the slightest idea what it is. I'm 95% sure the layout is from tagboardeffects since it's way too neat and compact to be one of my own. I'd be hugely grateful if someone could help me work out what ive got here.

The arse-end isn't so neat.

Pots are 1k linear (visible) and 22k linear which is out of shot coming off the blue and black wires to the right. Wiper  from the 22k appears to be the output. I can't vouch for these being anything other than the closest thing I had at hand, so these values might not be totally accurate. I would however like to be able to assume that the tl074 is the right part in the right place. Why I haven't also populated the transistor socket I have no idea.

One thing that immediately jumps out at me: There's no clipping diodes! Which rules out most of my limited circuit based knowledge and means it's not one of the usual suspect distortions. A quad op-amp and an empty transistor socket ? I'm stumped, If the cap values would be helpful I'll update them.  I'm also hoping to try hooking it to my. Test rig later and trying a few different trannies to see if it does anything but might not get a chance.

Thanks either way!

EBK

• SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

slashandburn

Wow! Hey you're right I think! The layout is slightly different but the parts all seem the same!

Hoped it would turn out to be something more exotic and exciting but since I already have 2 cab-sims, that would explain why I haven't boxed it up yet.

Thanks for your help. Damn that was fast!