Tone Report / Escobedo Square Wave and Idiot Wah

Started by brazdj, December 23, 2017, 06:57:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brazdj

Hey All,

Up front disclaimer: When I decided to start building I used the "pick a few pedals to build" method of accruing parts, three of the pedals are from Kula from Tone Report, I was later told to be wary about the presented layouts.  Regardless since I had the parts I still went ahead and built them.

You can count the following three now verified: orange squeezer, ross 2-in-1 distortion, and now the subject line pedal.

PURPOSE for posting specifically under given the subject line is that I had to make two alterations that I feel should be noted in case anyone else has or will attempt to build subject line veroboard layout.

Change one: 
There is a 510 K resistor tying in at row 10, column 15.  This leg of the resistor needs to be moved to row 11, column 16. It should tie into Q2's base.

Change two: 
A 100 K resistor is absent.  It is the 100K on the idiot wah going from output to ground.  Place one end at row 4, column 14.  Place the other end at row 7, column 13.

And for those who are now interested, the layout is in the Tone Report magazine with the Pigtronix Disnortion on the cover, I don't remember the issue number.