Identify the Diode!!!

Started by LEON.01, March 19, 2009, 09:34:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LEON.01

Got some diodes that i can't find data sheets for, Anyone know what they are?

1) I think are from a DOD American Metal, So i think they are 1N34a Germanium diodes.
2) These are Black and grey with red writing and are marked with stuff like; BZX  4V3  ; Tried them inplace of Zeners and they dont seem to work, so dont think they are Zeners.
3) These just have bands and no other markings. All have only one band and colors are; Black, Yellow and White.
4) Never seen these before but they came in a multi pack of diodes!!!!! Black block painted orange at one half of 2 sides, raised dimple on one side painted orange.
5) These are marked; A1 6   ; Believe these to be 6V0 zeners, but not sure.
6) Black and grey, marked; SG4001TEK   ; I was thinking 1N4001 equivelents!?!

Also not pictured, These look like your average 1n4148, (Orange with Black band) and are marked; BZX 55B 13  ; again, cant find the data sheet!!
And finally, same color again but marked BAV 21 ITT.

Thanks.

LEON.01

Found the last one; BAV21   ; Its on ECG!  ::)   Anyone know where i can get an updated version of this ECG.Ink BTW?

Ice-9

1. They defo look like Germanium diodes
2. the ones marked BZX  4V3  are 4.3v zenners
3. all look like small signal diodes, eg 1n4148 etc could also be some zenners
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.

MikeH

I have a bunch that look like those yellow/white banded guys; I don't know what they are but I've found them to be pretty similar to a 4148 or 914
"Sounds like a Fab Metal to me." -DougH

bipedal

I'm really curious what #6 might be.

#1 diodes look exactly like the 1n34a's I have sitting on my workbench.
"I have gotten a lot of results. I know several thousand things that won't work." -T. Edison
The Happy Household; The Young Flyers; Derailleur

anchovie

Quote from: LEON.01 on March 19, 2009, 09:34:40 AM
6) Black and grey, marked; SG4001TEK   ; I was thinking 1N4001 equivelents!?!

I've got some 1N4002 that look like those, so I reckon they are indeed 4001 rectifier diodes with a "bead" look.

Also not pictured, These look like your average 1n4148, (Orange with Black band) and are marked; BZX 55B 13  ; again, cant find the data sheet!!
Thanks.

Those are 13v zeners. Google "BZX55B" and you'll find the datasheet for the whole series.
Bringing you yesterday's technology tomorrow.

LEON.01

Cheers fellas,

More or less cleared up everything.

Yea, i admit i was just being lazy with the last 2! Hadn't really searched and just put them down on the off chance someone knew.

Any guesses to number 4 though? Hmmm!

ayayay!

#3 on the left side of the pile looks like the 1n4148/914 equivalents I've pulled from MXR pedals.  The right side of the pile orange w/ yellow stripes look like the 1s5133's that come stock in most Boss pedals. 
The people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

davidoff

Does anyone know where I can buy 1s5133 the orange one with the yellow band. Thanks for any info

EATyourGuitar

Quote from: davidoff on November 15, 2010, 03:42:48 PM
Does anyone know where I can buy 1s5133 the orange one with the yellow band. Thanks for any info
I found NTE 5133A 18.0V 5W Zener Diode on parts express. nothing in google for 1s5133. I'm reading that the 2S5133 is in the old rams head big muff. are these similar?
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF

analogguru

Quote from: LEON.01 on March 19, 2009, 11:07:42 AM
Any guesses to number 4 though? Hmmm!
They are either varicap-diodes (BB105G):
http://www.kronos.hr/dioda-105-varicap-p-1916.html?osCsid=5392e9e38a2b0a
or (band switching) pin-diodes.

analogguru

phantombox

The p/n is not 1S5133 but 1SS133 (with a double S).
Its a switching diode.
Google this p/n and they will show right up.