DOD 250 / YJM308 Power Jack Wiring

Started by Alrod, January 05, 2018, 03:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alrod

Hi,
Can anyone who has changed the DOD factory 1/8" power jack with a standard 9 volt power jack please post a closeup photo (or colored diagram) of what the wiring should look like?  I already drilled the hole for the new jack, and can't figure out the wiring.

Thanks in advance!

Alrod

All the posts about this pedal and no photos/diagrams?   :o

Pretty please.  :icon_redface:

Alrod

Thanks,
I tried wiring based on that photo/diagram and it didn't work.  I was hoping for a photo of the inside of a DOD 250 or YJM308 to see the actual wiring.

thermionix

Actually there's a flaw in the diagram I posted, it doesn't allow for the battery to disconnect when the guitar cable is unplugged.  The battery negative should go to (usually) input jack ring.  The DC jack negative can go to the ring or straight to the board.  But the battery negative shouldn't be hardwired to the board, unless the positive is turned off somehow.

I am not familiar with the insides of the modern DOD 250 or YJM.  Maybe if you post some pics of yours we can help you out.

Alrod

Shameless bump, I am still stumped.  Unfortunately my cell camera has issues and I can't post photos.

digi2t

NOTE: This is if you are using a center negative power supply. The audio jack pictured is the INPUT jack. It is a TRS (stereo) type jack.

• SUPPORTER
Dead End FX
http://www.deadendfx.com/

Asian Icemen rise again...
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=903467

"My ears don't distinguish good from great.  It's a blessing, really." EBK

Slowpoke101

I sent Alrod a PM a while ago to find out if the following info is what was needed. Has not yet replied so if this info is not what was requested - Oh well.....

Do not use the input jack's ring terminal (battery negative) as a chassis 0V connection. Whilst it will work as a ground when the input cable is plugged in, the battery will remain connected (and powering the circuit) when the cable is removed.

Hopefully the info is clear enough. I don't know who originally posted the picture with the disconnected battery lead, I found it in Google Images. It was detailed enough to use here.
  • SUPPORTER