Output jack on radio

Started by patrick398, January 20, 2018, 07:08:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patrick398

I gave up on trying to build a U2510B based radio due to inability to source parts. Instead i just went for one of these kits:
https://www.kitronik.co.uk/pdf/2157_fm_radio_essentials_2_2.pdf
It all works fine with the speaker hooked up, better than i expected in fact. Quite a nifty little circuit. For some reason though i can't get it to work with a 1/4 jack replacing the speaker. This worked fine when i built a TDA7000 radio; just ran it into a LPB-1 and then output jack. I can't for the life of me work out why it isn't working with this...i suspect it's some technical problem i'm over looking.
I've tried using mono jack, stereo jack, and putting it through an LPB-1 but all i get is a low hum.
Any ideas how i could hook up an output jack to this thing?
Thanks! :)

patrick398

Ugggh...because i was grounding the output. What a doughnut!
Sorry about that, i need to do an idiot check before posting questions here haha

Kipper4

No Doughnuts here Pat.

Sometimes It takes a post or two to force you look at what you really did versus what you think you did.

Been there.
Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

PRR

> Today at 07:08:02 AM
> Today at 07:11:34 AM
> What a doughnut!

If you catch your pastry within 15-20 minutes, you may have a "Remove" button above it, or can always "Modify" it to say "Happy Kiss A Ginger Day!" or other UN-embarassing message.

Of course if the Kipper jumps on it and Quotes your doughnut, you gotta eat it.

(How many times have I tried to drive a short with no good result....?)
  • SUPPORTER

ElectricDruid

Totally agree with the above sentiments. There's nothing like trying to explain something to someone else to make you see what you've done wrong. Ask my poor wife!

T.

patrick398

Haha well thanks for making me feel better about that. It was only the previous night i was reading through the thread in the members area where everyone was listing their most idiotic moments. I guess i put myself in the running...though Kevin definitely does still win, made me laugh so much  :icon_lol: