Started by DFX-PCBS, January 23, 2018, 07:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

njkmonty

looks great well done!

got my one done too!

DFX-PCBS

willwaush

willwaush

Any of you guys is experiencing aliasing issues when you boost the signal before feeding the pedal having the level set quite high?

bcruzin2

Is there a pcb available? I have a couple of 3002 laying around.....

DFX-PCBS

Yea, where you located. Send me a pm

nickbungus

Quote from: willwaush on March 24, 2018, 07:59:14 AM
Any of you guys is experiencing aliasing issues when you boost the signal before feeding the pedal having the level set quite high?

Can you explain what you mean?  I currently get a lot of noise on mine if I have some high gain/Distortion going on either after or before.  I can really here the LFO throb
To the extreme, I rock a mic like a vandal.
Light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.

bcruzin2

Great job on the design and layout. Got mine done and sounds fantastic. But I am not as patient as i should be, hehe ,when I get done I don't spend too much time on the enclosure.  I added LEDs, blue for chorus and green for vibrato. I used the left over section of the switch.

DFX-PCBS

bcruzin2

I had a chance to crank up the AC30 and I am getting the high pitch chirp chirp as the chorus led comes on. Even without the the treble booster in front. If the guitar volume is all the way down, you hear the sweep, which to me is normal but when you turn the volume up to about 2, you get the chirp chirp. Any ideas on how to tame that?

DFX-PCBS

mmm strange, ive built half a dozen of them and not come across that. what power supply are you using?

bcruzin2

Voodoo Labs Pedal Power.i am thinking of using shielded wire for the in and output. Buy at the way, at the moment I do not have the stereo switch  jack connected, so ihave the L/R wire in place, but coiled off to the side. I did I not think that would matter. I could remove them and see.

DFX-PCBS

bcruzin2

Will do. Just an fyi, I did try  it out of my chain of effects, Guitar>KOC>65 Monterey . Same thing. I will try the shielded wire tomorrow!.

xaxxop

Hello guys how's it going?
I'm about to start building this pedal next week, still I got some components to order.
I have to questions, what king of stereo jack should I order? The stereo jack I used to use neutrik from bitsbox have only 3 terminals (ground, left and right)
I only have the pdf layout is somewhere here about the schematic?

Thanks for any help 👍🏼

dileobass

Quote from: DFX-PCBS on September 21, 2018, 04:23:49 PM
Yea, where you located. Send me a pm
Hi
any chance i could buy a PCB from you also? i am in Australia. although i dont have any MN3002 i have plenty of 3004 i am assuming they would be at a close enough clock rate and would work ok. D

grenert

Has anyone sorted out how to use BBDs other than the MN3002 with this board?  I have shorter and longer delay time MN300X chips but no MN3002.

bcruzin2

Just a follow up on the chirping issue with my pedal. I tried shielding input and output and it was still there. So decided to go the power supply route. I changed out the dc converter and now it does not chirp any more. I was able to used the original dc converter in my PS-1A phase shifter, not as finicky i guess. It sounds great.

Ricotjuh

Good to hear your pedal is working. Which dc converter did you use? The MP211 or the Recom 1215D?

caspercody

This would be fun to make, but the chips? Does anyone know where they can be bought?