trouble with a blue warbler lfo

Started by taillie, January 29, 2018, 05:02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taillie

hi, I have been working on a multi stage blue warbler, without the envelope feature.  the audio section works fine, and the lfo was working until I boxed it up.  now it is working intermittently,  it will flash for a while then freeze up then start up again.  I have gone through it several times checking for errors, I checked to make sure i followed the schematic, that the caps and transistor or oriented correctly, etc.  everything appears good though i will check again.  I tried a 50k and 100k pot for the speed pot and still no luck.  the solder joints seem fine but I will probably remelt them to see if that helps.  In any event I am sure its some simple error I just cant find  and was hoping some one may have some insight on what else i can check.  thanks.

GibsonGM

Sounds like maybe something is shorting out when you box it up, Taillie...a common problem.  I'd look very carefully to see if something is contacting the box.

Other than that, maybe a cold solder joint...you could try re-flowing them....

Welcome to the forum! 
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...

taillie

Thanks for the reply, and the welcome to the forum, I've been a member for a while but haven't had a need to post until now.  I took your advice checked all my off board stuff, it was okay. I checked with a meter to see if anything was shorted out, also okay. I gave all the joints in that area a re flow and now its working. I must have damaged a solder joint handling the board as I boxed it up.  thanks for the help, I knew it was something simple, but was beginning to overthink it.