FUZZ FACE PROBLEM

Started by alexxxx, February 08, 2018, 04:48:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexxxx

Hi guys. I need your help :(
I made a fuzz face with bc 108 silicon transistors I followed the schematics but when I plug in my effect it makes only noise and that's all. please heplm me

I know this is quite shitty image

Jolly Jimmy

Difficult to see much. But Q1's collector resistor should be coming straight off +9. You have it after the 470R.

thermionix

^ Yes.

And make sure you have the pinouts correct.  The little tab indicates the emitter, the base is in the middle.

thermionix

Oh another thing, you have soldered into the rivet holes in the pots.  That can easily ruin the pots.

alexxxx

Thank you. Yes after posting I have realised that and I put the resistor on correct position but still I got no sound from it :(
I will try to do it again

smallbearelec

You already have the parts. Spend a little $$ for a breadboard:

http://www.smallbear-electronics.mybigcommerce.com/breadboard-strip-with-power-bus-small/

These are usually available locally. Then follow exactly the instructions in this article:

http://diy.smallbearelec.com/HowTos/BreadboardSiFF/BreadboardSiFF.htm

You may still need some help finding mistakes, but you will wind up with a working circuit.

mth5044

Tough to see if your jacks are wired correctly. Are you sure your plugging your amp and guitar into the right jacks?

Rob Strand

I can't see it clearly in the pics but to me it looks like you are using the wrong sockets.
The sockets are switched types but the switched contact *disconnects* when you insert the plug.

Have a look at the little arm on the socket.  If it is normally connected then it disconnects when you put in the
jack then you have the wrong type.   This is an example of the *wrong ones*,

If you can't find switched jacks use a stereo socket.  These work fine.  You connect the battery to the ring so when you plug in a mono plug it shorts the ring to the sleeve thus connecting the battery to ground.

As a temporary solution try soldering the switched battery wire directly to the ground and see if it comes to life.

Send:     . .- .-. - .... / - --- / --. --- .-. -
According to the water analogy of electricity, transistor leakage is caused by holes.

thermionix

It's hard to tell, but I think he has a stereo input jack.  Don't know if it's hooked up correctly.  I think the output jack needs the wires reversed.  Not sure.  The construction and pinout seem different than a Switchcraft or clone.