Would it be possible to increase a Neovibes rate a little?

Started by Chris Goodson, November 06, 2003, 08:25:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Goodson

I recently finished building a Neovibe and it's a great pedal IMO.  But, I thought it would be nice if it would go just a little faster.   From around 9'oclock on down doesn't seem very useful to me, if I could move the range to replace this area it would be really cool.  Anyone know of an easy way to do this?

BillyJ

From Mark Hammer-

"If you want a preview of what a ring modulator sounds like or how it would affect your playing, simply replace the LFO-range cap in any modulated device you have with something about 1/4 to 1/10 that value. In the John Hollis "Frobnicator" pedal design (available at www.geofex.com) that step is already done for you, but you can also do it to any chorus, flanger, tremolo, vibrato, phaser, etc.,, as long as there is an LFO somewhere in the circuit. "

This statement leads me to belive you can indeed and that to do it you want to change the LFO range cap to a smaller value but probably not as extreme a change as is suggested here.
Now which cap that is I dunno.....I could be wrong about the whole idea but I think this is what you want to do.
Anyone want to help me out here? :O)

R.G.

The LFO speed range is set by those 1uF caps around Q11/12.

Change those to 0.47uF to about double the speeds, 0.22uF to about quadruple the speeds. Changing caps moves the whole range from slowest to fastest up or down as you mod the caps.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.