double coil latching relay + momentary switch.

Started by arjespen, February 18, 2018, 10:30:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arjespen

Hey.
I'm trying to figure out a circuit to control a double coil latching relay (NEC ea2-5ntj) with a momentary footswitch.
I've looked over some flip flop circuits, but haven't found anything that doesn't keep a constant current through one of the relay coils.

I would like to keep the components to a minimum of a few transistors and resistors.
I would also like to have two diodes showing which "channel" is on.

Any help?

blackieNYC

http://www.geofex.com
This will help. Elsewhere in Geofex are other relay circuits. Search relays within.
  • SUPPORTER
http://29hourmusicpeople.bandcamp.com/
Tapflo filter, Gator, Magnus Modulus +,Meathead, 4049er,Great Destroyer,Scrambler+, para EQ, Azabache, two-loop mix/blend, Slow Gear, Phase Royal, Escobedo PWM, Uglyface, Jawari,Corruptor,Tri-Vibe,Battery Warmers

arjespen

Thanks.
I did look through that site, but only found the ony circuit, using a hex inverter. I'd prefer it if I could find something that simply used a couple of transistors instead.

R.G.

R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

blackieNYC

• SUPPORTER
http://29hourmusicpeople.bandcamp.com/
Tapflo filter, Gator, Magnus Modulus +,Meathead, 4049er,Great Destroyer,Scrambler+, para EQ, Azabache, two-loop mix/blend, Slow Gear, Phase Royal, Escobedo PWM, Uglyface, Jawari,Corruptor,Tri-Vibe,Battery Warmers

GibsonGM

Probably something like an H bridge is required.  The hex inverter is easier, may be the simplest way to do it.
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...

R.G.

R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

Rixen

the lowest part count is to use an 8 pin micro, such as an attiny.
1x Regulator, 1x supply decoupling cap, 1x micro, 2x protection diodes, relay.

and a few lines of code.

R.G.

I keep telling people that, and the universal response is " AAAAAAAAAGGGGG!! Write code?? Program a chip?? AAAAAAAGGHH!!!"

:icon_biggrin:

This kind of thing is rapldly forming up as a Great Divide in how people might do DIY.

The difficulty is no greater than learning to solder or do decent cable lacing with waxed nylon tape.
R.G.

DDD

What about a simple capacitor (Alu electro) in series with relay coil? The higher its capacitance, the longer current pulse that should be long enough to force relay to trigger.
Of course, there's couple resistors are needed as well, and maybe couple 1n4148 diodes.
Anyway, it's the simpliest circuitry for sure.
Too old to rock'n'roll, too young to die

Rixen

..and of course a micro can drive your LED's to indicate which state the relay (should) be in..