Keep liquids off electronics - and what happens when you don't

Started by KarenColumbo, February 19, 2018, 07:17:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

duck_arse

Quote from: anotherjim on February 23, 2018, 08:01:21 AM

Does Schrödinger know this? Or was he the guy you had to photograph?

anotherjim, I tried to look at your link - I think I broke it tho.
don't make me draw another line.

anotherjim

QuoteI tried to look at your link - I think I broke it tho.
You see a link, Stephen? Do you see them often? Are you seeing one right now?

stallik

The link is only visible in a certain kind of light and viewed from a particular angle. Or not

love the new avatar Stephen :)
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

duck_arse

Quote from: stallik on February 23, 2018, 11:58:15 AM
The link is only visible in a certain kind of light and viewed from a particular angle. Or not

love the new avatar Stephen :)

Schrodinger's Duck - it watches you, instead.

(anotherjim - has the link changed since I looked at it?)
don't make me draw another line.

anotherjim

Quote(anotherjim - has the link changed since I looked at it?)
Yes/No

pinkjimiphoton

i know this sounds absolutely wonkers, but remember, the best way to clean crud outta shit sometimes is simply immersion in water and then properly drying and cleaning it. if it ain't plugged in, water won't hurt it if you dry it properly in most cases and then clean every pot etc with caig deoxit or similar.
i've had to do that with a behringer fc1010 after a pitcher of coke got poured on it. sugar from the coke is conductive, and the acids in the coke aren't good either. water neutralized all, and once dried off properly (i used an "ebossing tool".. heat gun or hair dryer or whatever will work ) and cleaned, i stick a couple of them silica packets or some dry white rice inside and leave it by a heater for a few days.
caveat emptor. i am likely completely insane. but it saved the footcontroller.
i don't think beer is as damaging.
that said, check any jumpers too, as if any had any wear spots, i'd suppose it would be possible to wick some moisture into the braids..

perhaps the best bet is to leave it on and running for a couple days to let it dry out.

ymmv. jmo. proceed at your own mortal peril  :icon_mrgreen:
  • SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

Rob Strand

Quotei've had to do that with a behringer fc1010 after a pitcher of coke got poured on it. sugar from the coke is conductive, and the acids in the coke aren't good either. water neutralized all, and once dried off properly
I bought a TRS80 computer back in the 80's.  The keys were sticky.  I opened it up and someone had spilt coke in the keyboard which went all goopy.   Took some time to clean it out but fortunately no electronic damage.
Send:     . .- .-. - .... / - --- / --. --- .-. -
According to the water analogy of electricity, transistor leakage is caused by holes.