Citrus Graphic MkII vs OLC Orange Peel -- Drive control

Started by statzern, February 19, 2018, 08:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

statzern

Hi all,

So I recently abandoned a build of the OLC Orange Peel for a citrus graphic mkii due to gremlins that could not be resolved. As has been mentioned elsewhere, the circuits are pretty much similar up to the point of the 3rd and 4th transistors, where there is a Drive control in the Citrus graphic (which is only a 390 ohm resistor in the OLC).

Does anyone know how crucial this pot is to the sound and function of this pedal, and whether it is wise to try and replace this pot with a fixed resistor? I am going to try this out before I box it up, and I hope it works because I already have an enclosure finished (which I spent a LOT of time on!!)

Thanks if any one has any insight I would really appreciate it.

stonerbox

I know how people love these things so I'm adding some.

There is nothing more to be said or to be done tonight, so hand me over my violin and let us try to forget for half an hour the miserable weather and the still more miserable ways of our fellowmen. - Holmes

stonerbox

Changing the potentiometer for resistor would not be problem per se but I'm curious of how you will dial in the saturation other than switching the rotary (aka FAC) and messing with EQ settings. I understand that you don't want to drill attack (!) your enclosure now that it's finished but with that a extra potentiometer you'll get a lot more influence over the sound and response.
There is nothing more to be said or to be done tonight, so hand me over my violin and let us try to forget for half an hour the miserable weather and the still more miserable ways of our fellowmen. - Holmes